Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preview Problems

Is 'VLC' the same thing?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    BANNED
    yes vlc is the name of the exe file for videolan

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Hello. I am new to this forum and have done a search here to see if I could find what I needed before asking, but with no luck. Is there anything that I can do after spending 3 weeks to download a movie and the file becomes corrupted or so media player says? I actually watched the movie just after downloading it, but when I returned to my computer later, the movie would only play about half way through. Also, I am having kind of the same problem as mentioned here. I have several things that I am downloading, but can only preview a small portion of the movie. The file size changes, but the preview size remains the same. Is there anything that I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Mike

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    BANNED
    can gspot render it??

if you don't know what it is then you need the codec pack full version

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Thanks for the reply. I am not familiar with that, so I will probably need to download the full version codec pack. Do you know where I can download this?

Thanks in advance

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    FST Retiree
    Originally posted by outlaw3864@29 January 2004 - 07:06
    Hello. I am new to this forum and have done a search here to see if I could find what I needed before asking, but with no luck. Is there anything that I can do after spending 3 weeks to download a movie and the file becomes corrupted or so media player says? I actually watched the movie just after downloading it, but when I returned to my computer later, the movie would only play about half way through. Also, I am having kind of the same problem as mentioned here. I have several things that I am downloading, but can only preview a small portion of the movie. The file size changes, but the preview size remains the same. Is there anything that I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Mike
    stop using media player to watch your video files . download VideoLan or XPlayer......they can do the job when media player fails (assuming you have the proper codecs for the file installed......which you should if youve already watched it once).

Edit: about the previewing problem some of you are having.....if you can view enough of the file to verify that it is really what it says it is, then the preview is working fine. its main purpose is just that, to verify video files. i dont think it was really made to watch videos as they are downloading. just give it some time and let it download for a little while and eventually youll be able to "PREVIEW" more of it. if you cant preview any of a file, wait longer or start looking for a different copy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12