Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fx5200 Vs. 9200se

_John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    I agree, save your money.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by adamp2p@30 January 2004 - 18:23
    I do not understand some of you guys.  I am telling the kid to save his money.  Is that wrong? 

Just because you guys think something does not mean I agree, right?

And I noticed in that quote that Mr. Lamsey erased the line where I added:

"Tell us your budget and we will see if we can find a viable solution."  And when you quoted him quoting me you furthered the same injustice.  That is the same crap reporters do; they edit out what someone says that makes them look good and then just keep the crap part.  What BS.

The real issue is honesty.  I am trying to answer his question, yet one of his premises is faulty.  And we all know we cannot have any contradictions, we must check our premises.

He should save his money until he can purchase a quality part.  That is my opinion.  Maybe I understand you wrong, but it sounds like my opinion is now up for debate.
    I didn't edit anything from Lamsey's post.

I'm just pointing out that there are thousands of gamers (if not millions) that have less than a GeForce FX5200 and can still play games. The way you say it is that the card is useless but that's not completely true.

Sure I agree that to have a better card would be better for game play but not everyone can afford tha kind of money.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    I see.
    I am just suggesting for the kid to get a little more money together so he will really appreciate his card, rather than just accept its mediocre ability to perform. I mean what is the point of an upgrade if the improvement is marginal at best? That's like me going to upgrade from a $229 [todays market value of 9800 pro] to a $450 9800 XT. The 10% at best increase would not be noticeable.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by adamp2p@30 January 2004 - 19:56
    I see.
    I am just suggesting for the kid to get a little more money together so he will really appreciate his card, rather than just accept its mediocre ability to perform. I mean what is the point of an upgrade if the improvement is marginal at best? That's like me going to upgrade from a $229 [todays market value of 9800 pro] to a $450 9800 XT. The 10% at best increase would not be noticeable.
    Agreed.

so save your money for now.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    i say go out and buy it. Either one is fine. I'm running on a 128mb 8500 Radeon and it fine. It play all the the newest game. Both card should be able to run all the newest game perfectly fine without lag (unless ur computer is already crap). ur FR might but lower but it not like it lagging on every frame.

There no point in saving ur money to buy a more expensive card, when by tomorrow it, a newer and more power card come out. buy the card and enjoy the fun of gaming. I help a friend by a 9200se and it work fine. (the reason i choose 9200se over the 5200fx is that some of the 5200fx don't have a DVI connector for the LCD flat screen. The 9200se is good for dual monitor and LCD support.

GO SPEND UR MONEY!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Well I guess you have a point--BUT--your point is only valid if the kid cannot play games already, IMO.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Poster
    If I sad I can spend $250, I guess you all would say " oh wait , save more money and buy a Radeon 9800Pro".And if I said I have $300 to spend you would say "save money and buy a 9800XT" and so on.Am I right ?? or what !?!?

I'm doing very well with my current GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 64MB and I can play most of the newest games (like Max Payne 2, NFSU, THPS4, etc).I want a better card (not the best) that will run the games smoother than my old card.You know??

As I'm happy with my current card, the FX5200 (or similar) can't be worst than my GF2 ?? am I not right ?

I gues this topic didn't helped me in any way.

i say go out and buy it. Either one is fine. I'm running on a 128mb 8500 Radeon and it fine. It play all the the newest game. Both card should be able to run all the newest game perfectly fine without lag (unless ur computer is already crap). ur FR might but lower but it not like it lagging on every frame.

There no point in saving ur money to buy a more expensive card, when by tomorrow it, a newer and more power card come out. buy the card and enjoy the fun of gaming. I help a friend by a 9200se and it work fine. (the reason i choose 9200se over the 5200fx is that some of the 5200fx don't have a DVI connector for the LCD flat screen. The 9200se is good for dual monitor and LCD support.

GO SPEND UR MONEY!!!
    pichan916, I think your completely right.Thanx

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Originally posted by Dark Ride@31 January 2004 - 00:57
    If I sad I can spend $250, I guess you all would say " oh wait , save more money and buy a Radeon 9800Pro".And if I said I have $300 to spend you would say "save money and buy a 9800XT" and so on.Am I right ?? or what !?!?

I'm doing very well with my current GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 64MB and I can play most of the newest games (like Max Payne 2, NFSU, THPS4, etc).I want a better card (not the best) that will run the games smoother than my old card.You know??

As I'm happy with my current card, the FX5200 (or similar) can't be worst than my GF2 ?? am I not right ?

I gues this topic didn't helped me in any way.

GO SPEND UR MONEY!!!
    pichan916, I think your completely right.Thanx
    No, if you had $250 I would say buy a 9800 Pro and save $20, as the 9800 Pro now costs only $230.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Originally posted by Dark Ride@31 January 2004 - 00:57

The difference between your current card and both of the cards you mentioned would be marginal at best (not worth it, save your money). That is just my suggestion, though.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Poster
    Sorry but I don't need your opinions anymore ... save your time

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast