Thread: Mydoom Novarg Worm

I read yesterday that this new worldwide (Mydoom and Novarg)worm attaches itself to Kazaa files. Terrific. Does this mean that it would also attach itself to KLite files?
    Anyone know??

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    There is no diffrence in KMD and K-Lite .dat files. They are the same. So it means that the virus will attach itself to the files.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    My university has had a big problem with MyDoom in the last couple of days. I've received about 10 copies of it in my inbox!! Luckily I realised it was something suspicious and didn't open any of the attachements. But a lot of the other Computing Science students got fooled by it, and the computing rooms had to be shut down for a while, so they could be dis-infected.

Anyway, there is a free removal tool on Symantec.com if you need it.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Autumn Fox@29 January 2004 - 00:05
    There is no diffrence in KMD and K-Lite .dat files. They are the same. So it means that the virus will attach itself to the files.
    Thank you.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@29 January 2004 - 09:39
    My university has had a big problem with MyDoom in the last couple of days. I've received about 10 copies of it in my inbox!! Luckily I realised it was something suspicious and didn't open any of the attachements. But a lot of the other Computing Science students got fooled by it, and the computing rooms had to be shut down for a while, so they could be dis-infected.

Anyway, there is a free removal tool on Symantec.com if you need it.
    Excellent.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Could the RIAA be playing dirty pool?
    It would be so sweet to find out that was the case and launch a class action.

There's no 'I' in 'team'. But then there's no 'I' in 'useless smug colleague', either.
    And there's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'. Go figure.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Nah, someone would surely discover it. They'd not risk this much.