Thread: Nvidia Geforce

hypoluxa3k
    i have NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400

but what's the latest model, or the best one?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Ex-member
    The GeForce FX is the latest incarnation, which is just about as good as the ATI Radeon 97000.
    Many people swear by the GeForce4 Ti4200.

You have to watch the AGP version - chances are you don't have a 8x-capable motherboard, so you won't be able to get the most out of the latest, greatest cards.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    AGP 8x doesn't really hold much of an advantage yet. The last benchmark I saw had 8x like %1 faster than 4x. That's not really "taking advantage of the latest technology", don't you think?

I'm not what were asking specifically, but I think you want to know what is the latest GeForceMX card. That would be the Geforce4 MX 440. The Geforce FX has NOT been released, so it's not the latest card. It's not an MX card either, so I think it's irrelevant to your question.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    The very latest and greatest of the GeForce cards can take up more than 1 PCI slot. I currently use the Nvidia GeForce TI 4600 with DVI and TV out and I am very pleased with the performance and video Quality. I would say never buy the latest, always buy a step down from the very best, the money you will save will be tremendous and the performance would not be missed. You will only miss it if you had it to begin with.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Gainward g force 4 ti4600 rules!!!! B)