Thread: 771 Mb Bin File

Having downloaded a 771Mb game image I was wondering how to write this to CD , using Nero , as my new Freecom writer only supports 650Mb media, I know there are 700Mb discs available and I have heard that there are alos 800Mb discs.

Can I alter my CDR Drive to accept larger media or can I access the bin image another way

Cheers

:beerchug:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I think you can choose overburn.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ex-member
    you bought a new CDRW drive and it only supports 650mb media?

Where did you get that? Virtually all CDRW drives support larger CDs nowadays....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    If you just burn the image, it should go down to 700. If you are trying to burn it on a 650, i don't think that will happen. I don't know of any cd burners that have a limit on the cd size. I always use 700 meg cds. Don't burn the bin and cue onto the cd, so that the only files on there are *.bin, *.cue. burn the image, and it should work

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BROCKSTER's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bigphilm@2 March 2003 - 23:17
    Having downloaded a 771Mb game image I was wondering how to write this to CD , using Nero , as my new Freecom writer only supports 650Mb media, I know there are 700Mb discs available and I have heard that there are alos 800Mb discs.

Can I alter my CDR Drive to accept larger media or can I access the bin image another way

Cheers

:beerchug:
    i have put a 841 mb game onto a 700mb disk and it works fully usin this method hope it helps for u

put the cue and bin that u have extracted into a seperate folder then do this

Step1 : mount the -.cue file into daemon tools virtul drive.
    2. run nero.
    3. choose "cd copy"
    4.go to "copy options" tab and choose your virtual driver.
    5.now go to the"read options" tab and check the "ignore illegal TOC type" checkbox.
    6. in this same tab also check the "data mode2" and check the "force RAW reding" checkbox.
    7.now choose below this row the"on error..."" write uncorrect " from the combobox.
    8. make sure the "use jitter correction"check box is not checked.
    9. now go to the "burn" tab ,set the write speed to 4(not higher) choose "disk at once" ,(you can also use the "buffer underrun protection" if your cd burner is supported)
    and burn your copy.

any more help just ask

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Are you sure you need to burn it? Just try opening it with WinISO and extract all the files to a temp folder. Then try installing from there. If the game requires a CD in the drive to play, search for a No CD patch in Kazaa or on the Web.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Another option would be to use a virtual drive to install and play.