Thread: Big Probs Trying To Join 2 .avi`s

Poster
    when i try to join 2 avi`s i get this "the audio stream have different sampling rates (20500.00000 vs 20273.00000)
    so after i get that message it wont let me join it, i want to join it then convert it to mpeg so i can put it on dvd.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Looks like you will have to convert each avi separately to Mpeg then join the 2 completed Mpegs together.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    Looks like you will have to convert each avi separately to Mpeg then join the 2 completed Mpegs together.
    Thats what I was thinking too I take it this was with VirtualDub try one of these on here http://www.softlandmark.com/VideoSplitter.htm
    Easy Video Joiner may do it having tried for ages give up on all this and just bought myself a home dvd dvix player instead.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    ok cheers for that, so cwctv if i were to get a dvd divx player i could put .divx on a dvd and player just like that.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    BANNED
    It could be mate where it was split in the first place.You could open the second one then cut a few frames from the start,first one the end,you now what i mean..Or strip the the audio and try something like bslice .then add it back to the video ,and tri joining them again.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    ok cheers for that, so cwctv if i were to get a dvd divx player i could put .divx on a dvd and player just like that.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...7854651-3143805

I just use a cd disc and cut as data the ONLY problem is what you see on your pc black bars top and bottom is what you get on your TV,depends what the size is if its 578x372 (i think) then its full screen hope you get my drift.
    Not having a dvd cutter I wouldn't know but I can't see why not the menu that comes up would allow you to choose which one to watch.
    Out of the comments on the site I can quite honestly say I have had no problems with my player which I bought back in August (and was £10 dearer ),I have though updated the firmware twice so far not a problem very easy.

http://www.umax.de/support/yamfaqsUS.php

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    yer that looks like a good player, but say i have got a 1.43 GB .avi (divx or xvid) could that go on to a dvd-r as a data disk and play in it, it would save having to convert it to mpg.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    I burnt several mpeg4 movies to a DVD+RW and watched two of them, it played them back beautifully.
    That's form one person with it as I said I don't have a Dvd burner but I can't see why not the machine is reading what's on a disc (dvd or cd),if I knew someone near to me with a Dvd burner I'd try it for you to see....
    I really don't know to be sure.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    You might not have to join them. If you convert them both to mpg with TMPGEnc, then just add both files to your Nero compilation as track 1 and 2. Just make sure you change the 5 second pause between tracks to 0.