Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Stuff

Hey everyone. I have heard talk of microsoft hiding bits and pieces of data on your comp if you use windows/windows update. Is this true? I had read one article written years ago, about how to see all this "secret" stuff in DOS, but I am not able to... probably because im using a new OS, XP home. Do any of you know anything of this subject?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    I dont know anything about it, but i think it might be true. It will take some time until someone can find it. The shit about xp is that you slowly lose control of your comp. I like it just because its colorfull... i have always dreamed of buying myself a MAC, but i cant afford one...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by superdude@30 January 2004 - 06:33
    The shit about xp is that you slowly lose control of your comp.
    What flavour of shit is that?
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Smurfette+30 January 2004 - 13:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smurfette @ 30 January 2004 - 13:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-superdude@30 January 2004 - 06:33
    The shit about xp is that you slowly lose control of your comp.
    What flavour of shit is that? [/b][/quote]
    Same question here.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    You can disable some of it with XP-AntiSpy. Just make sure you read and understand what each option does, or you might disable something you need.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Xp-Lite is far better than xp antispay.
    xplite is avilabile on emule

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Microsoft is always hiding something&#33;

Actually XP comes with spyware, and few services running in the backround that can know what you are doing, but they can all be disabled. The thing that sux is that this isn&#39;t told out right so you have to find out by yourself and then find a way to disable it.

SafeXP
    Black Viper&#39;s XP Services Guide
    XP Anti-Spy
    XPLite
    Doug&#39;s Windows Tips
    X-Setup

They all help.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    They don&#39;t hide it either, which makes it legal, specially since you can disable it. It may be of bad taste, but it&#39;s MS..... big company usually means total a**holes

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    cselik's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by DWk@31 January 2004 - 04:18
    They don&#39;t hide it either, which makes it legal, specially since you can disable it. It may be of bad taste, but it&#39;s MS..... big company usually means total a**holes
    true that

marketshares and greed usually means the true purpose of things get left in the background
    remember aol and prodigy icons in win95? wtf am i sposed to do with those, i don&#39;t live in usa.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    true that
    That is slang used in London? Where you from?
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast