Thread: Outlook

Hey I wanna know if it is possible to always keep outlook express open, but keep it in the system tray instead of wasting the space in my taskbar?
    thanks
    Kai
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Outlook Express cant go in system tray with registry settings unlike Microsoft Outlook. I Use OE too and use Power Menu to minimize anything to system tray. One of the sites for download is this
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    hmm not quite what i was looking for but thanks
    the reason i dont like this is that i have to always then have that other program open as well, also then every time i minimize it i have to directly right click and say minimize to tray
    i was looking for maybe just a setting to change or something in the registry that would let me every time i hit minimize for it to go directly to the system tray, is there nothing like this?
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I would love it too if a setting has worked for anyone yet. I have been looking for a similar setting for months but with latest version of OE the things that used to work before doesnt work anymore. Powermenu although runs but hardly uses any memory while running. Many programs dont let you minimize to system tray so this helps in minimizing even dos shell or anything.

Are you looking for something that autominimizes to system tray and not taskbar? and it goes for every software or just OE? If its just OE then i doubt if you will get it.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@29 January 2004 - 13:10
    Hey I wanna know if it is possible to always keep outlook express open, but keep it in the system tray instead of wasting the space in my taskbar?
    thanks
    Kai
    "Minimizer xp" will do that but the program will have to be open at all times and will use up ram. It just mimizes it off your taskbar and adds it to your system tray with a cool icon.