Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Overnet Rpc Error

As I've mentioned before, I got only 3 downloads going and are averaging about 20-25k download speeds for all three.

I've got 512k/128k DSL.

And again, I don't have a problem with CleanKMD, BT or Shareaza where I've reached consistant download speeds of 50k over days. I average about 2GB of data a day with BT and KLite.

I'm not assuming anything, I'm asking for advice from other users.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    BANNED
    ok boss this is getting old, first of all if you take the time to read my post you will see i was asking for upload info.

second you tell me you don't think there is any conflict when you don't even know what could cause a conflick (assumption #1)

third this is overnet and has noting to do with anyother p2p just because one is ok on your pc does not mean the rest will, so just because klite is ok on your pc it does not mean overnet is going to be also (assumption #2)

you are asking for advice but what ever advice we give you, you quickly say you don't think its this and you don't think its that.

stop trying to make sense out of it boss, if it made sinse to you, you would know the answer already, just be patient and follow along and at some point you will run in to what is causing the problem, but again you need to be patient and don't dismiss anything you never know, its always the small things that we miss.

and last for get about any other p2p when you are trouble shooting one, they are different and the rules that apply to one won't apply to the other.

visit the overnet forum link i have provided and just search for your problem.

there you will find a list of software that is not compatible and other possiblities and solutions boss.

good luck

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by senttonull0@2 February 2004 - 02:27
    That isn't the case since, I do have virus scan.

Plus this only happens when I'm using Overnet. It does not happen when I'm using BT, Shareaza or CleanKMD.

Where can I download Overnet Lite? Can you recommend a good site?
    you could try getting it here.

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php...pic=91053&st=0

I've mentioned in earlier posts that I were going to create my own installer for Overnet. And so it is, there are NO adware/spyware applications included.

Yes, its done. I hope you'll like it!

Let it be said, there are no differences in Overnet itself, Its just Overnet Pro the second the installation is complete.

You can get it here: http://myimages.fourvalve.com/overne...donkey2000lite
    Mirror (By ultimatejester): http://ultimate.250free.com/overnetlite052.exe

CODE
    ed2k://|file|overnetlite052.exe|1112717|ce5961ef76df0727b9fa441b1aaf417f|/

I could imagine that Lycos will disable my account pretty soon, so I decided to share the file on eDonkey & Overnet. If you can make HTTP/FTP mirrors or help sharing the file it will be greatly apreciated.

If you find any errors in the installer, or have a suggestion, reply to this thread or PM me.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Ariel,

I think you are right. After troubleshooting this problem it's starting to seem more and more like a strand of the w32 worm virus.

The only problem is that both Trend and Mcafee aren't able to pick up anything. That and the fact that as long as I don't run Overnet the system seems to be fine.

My best guess at this point is that when Overnet is open, it must open a port which allows for some sort of IRC bot to kill my RPC.

I'm going to try to setup a test by blocking heavy with my firewall. but before I do I was wondering which TCP / UDP ports works best for Overnet?

I was going to use TCP = 4665 and UDP = 4669.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    BANNED

its not a worm boss

tcp=4662 udp=6440

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    I appreciate the help, but plese don't call me boss.

fact - SVCHOST.exe sends outbound into the internet and then my system crashes.

event logs from firewall and OS comfirms this.

If it is not a virus of some sort then what would cause Overnet to do this?

I've searched on your forum you mentioned. The forum says that it is a virus.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Try a different antivirus....kapersky (sp?), AVG, Norton Corp edition are good ones.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    BANNED
    i have an online anti virus on my site try that its panda its on the bottom left

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    After Mcaffee, Trend and now finally Norton discovered 11 viruses.

These viruses act like the w32/blaster virus and hide in the system restore partion of of XP/2000 OS.

The reason why this only affected Overnet and not my other P2P sharing apps was because the virus was embedded into Overnet Crack.dat and the named BAT.Trojan.

Point being is that this was specifically targeted for Overnet users who used the upload crack.

And that is messed up.

It was so hard getting rid of the virus that I had to use the Symantec Wiping tool just to delete it because deleting and emptying the recycle bin wasn't getting rid of files.

Furthermore, once I log into Overnet, all sort of attacks start. Blaster attack from TFTP on port 2000 something, IRC port attack, etc.

You can not use Overnet safely without heavy firewalling and when I only open port 4662 and 6440, my downloads are at a crawl.

So, I'm wondering...

1) how can I open my firewall to point where I can download at the same rate as before?

2) why 4662 and 6440 specifically?

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    BANNED
    hmmm ok i never herd of that one first of all, i'm sorry i was wrong and you were right

now the ports i gave you are more common on ed2k network and i have been using them for ever now

as far as the crack and stuff goes with the attacks,

we for the crack i have posted a pic of which loader to get and that one is clean and should do it for you

as far as the attacks i'm not sure, yu could still have spyware and etc on your pc. but are you downloading from a bunch of sources at low speed or few sources at low speed??

at the bottom does it say "open" or firewalled??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast