Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overnet Rpc Error

I keep getting an error message when ever Overnet is running.

After about 45mins-1hour WinXP error "Unexpected RPC ended suddenly, please save all files as system will shutdown in 1 minute."

I have the newest virus scan and only have 59 connections on Overnet ver.52.

Does anyone else have this problem and more importantly, does anyone know how to fix this problem? :helpsmile:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Check memory usage while Overnet is running, on my sys it would consume ALL available sys memory, thats why I deleted it from my 'puter

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Well, there must be a way to fix this problem. Especially since, Overnet works so well for other people.

What OS are you using by the way?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    lol overnet does not use no more 5 to 10% at the most.

if you have a high cpu usage problem it could be files hashing, corrupt files, sofware compatibility issue, memory leak, too many downlaod/uploads and etc.

you can adjust the pirority in task manager for overnet.exe or use the command line client, its suppose to have less cpu usage

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Well from what I've seen Overnet does only take about 5-10% of the CPU.

But once Overnet is running, it increases the SVCHOST.EXE via SYSTEM up to 100% after 45mins to 1 hour until SVCHOST crashes and the OS is forced to reboot. This happens every time and only when Overnet is running.

Since, I don't have this problem with CleanKMD or BT or Shareaza and actually just re-installed the OS from scratch it must be something with the Overnet client.

Just so you know, I'm only downloading 3 files at time and only hold 50 connections max, of which most of the time only about 13 connections are established.

Which is why I wonder if others have the same problem and which OS they use.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    what are your specs?? and read my post again i have named 4 or 5 differernt reasons

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@1 February 2004 - 05:27
    lol overnet does not use no more 5 to 10% at the most.

if you have a high cpu usage problem it could be files hashing, corrupt files, sofware compatibility issue, memory leak, too many downlaod/uploads and etc.

you can adjust the pirority in task manager for overnet.exe or use the command line client, its suppose to have less cpu usage
    It doesn't read that it's hashing, it reads as transfering. Even if I were a hashing problem, I doubt that would happen again after I re-installed the OS and installed Overnet the second time.

Corrupt files, I don't think it's the corrupt system files as again, I mentioned that I installed everything from scratch twice. So I'm guessing corrupt files that I'm downloading? I doubt that since the files I'm downloading are quite common and it doesn't matter what I'm downloading, maybe it be a 1mb crack file to a 700mb CD image or a 40mb video clip.

Software compatiblity issue, I'm running WinXP on an AMD 1Ghz with 256DRAM with 2 HDD, one 40GB and the other 80GB. I don't use anything out of the ordinary. I'm not running X-windows of a BSD box or anything.

Memory leak, yes I definately believe this to be the problem. Overnet is link through SVCHOST.EXE. The question is how do I fix this?

Too many files, I'm downloading 3 files and have only 13 out of 50 connections only. I'm using about 40% of my bandwidth. I've got 20GB of free space on my second HDD and plenty of working memory as nothing else is running.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    it sounds like you have the W32.Blaster.Worm

if this is not the case try using overnet lite

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    That isn't the case since, I do have virus scan.

Plus this only happens when I'm using Overnet. It does not happen when I'm using BT, Shareaza or CleanKMD.

Where can I download Overnet Lite? Can you recommend a good site?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED
    how many uploads do you have and what is the total speed??

you realy need to take a look here and stop assumning things

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast