Thread: Nero Question

Hi I have a question about nero that i'm hoping someone can answer.

I made a back up copy of a Call of Duty for a when I tried to copy the CD with Nero it doesnt seem to work. The last time I couldn't do this I just copied the whole whole cd to a folder and turned the whole directory in to an ISO (using WinISO). The game worked fine.

This time i used Nero to create the ISO as I was burning the CD but then after I realized that the FOLDER_AND_FILE_NAMES_ALL_LOOKER_LIKE_THIS.

Do i have to make another CD or will that one work?

Thanks

Newb

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    just try the cd? see what happens

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I would but that's not possible right now. anyway i figured that's what the forum is here for in the first place for someone who's inexperienced to learn from the experience of others.

I find it hard to believe that no one on this forum has never had this happen to them before just about everybody says they use nero. I just figure a few people wouldn't mind passing some advice to a Newb like me.

Thanks anyways.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    You're not burning in Joliet mode.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    This PDF file explains the basics

Basically, the filesystem you're using to burn doesn't support spaces or lowercase characters, but it doesn't affect the files. It just renames them on the disk. Switching to Joilet will change it.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Thanks so much for that response I appreciate the advice.

Originally, I posted this in game world but it was removed, if you notice in my post I know how to make ISO.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE CHANGES TO THE FILE AND FOLDER NAMES MAKE THE DISC USELESS HAS ANYONE EVER HAD THAT EXPERIENCE?

@xerogrid thanks for the .pdf.

I know i should just burn the disc the proper way and be done with it but I&#39;ve backed-up lots of game I haven&#39;t even tried to install yet and I have limited hd space right now the reason I&#39;m asking this is if the discs are useless is because then I&#39;m going to have a job ahead of me to replace them.

In some cases I should be able to get the originals back but in most cases i&#39;ll probably have to change the file names manually.

I&#39;m talking about over a dozen game and I have no idea how many i backed up using Nero but I know it was a few at least half so if I have to i&#39;ll have to fix the errors then I&#39;d like to know what other have had to do in my situation before i get started.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Well, I&#39;ve had no trouble with the renaming of files being a problem, but we are talking about backing up games here. In my opinion, I wouldn&#39;t use Nero. It&#39;s a great piece of burning software, but games sometimes have serious protection that regular burning software sometime can&#39;t handle to the fullest. I know Roxio can&#39;t.

I would use something like CloneCD. I found ti to be able to back up games really well. Perfect 1 to 1 copies.

I&#39;ve tried the copying directly from the CD to hard drive thing and sometimes games have protections against that, too....

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    thanx i am in your debt.

newb

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    No prob. We&#39;ve all been there.

-- Xero Grid --