Thread: Wont Connect

i just downloaded overnet lite and it wont connect does anyone have any idea what it is please help
    Signature removed, please check the board rules

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    how do you connect to the internet?? router? network? proxy??

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    router, i dont understand though because i had overnet lite like a week ago and it worked fine but then i removed because i hadnt used it for a while then i just got it again and its not connecting

do you know how to forward ports to a d-link router

ive only found instructions on how to forward ports to a linkseys router maybe that is why its not connecting because i am firewalled so can someone please help me

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Old Fella
    Hey mus, hopefully you can help me too. Can connect but keep getting firewall message. using Zone Alarm. Checked FAQ and Overnet has access in the program control, but it also mentions Genric Host Process which does not show in the Program Control. Any thoughts.

EDIT: never mind - my smart arse flatmate discovered that setting upload speed below 1 would trigger firewall. Wait till he sees what I have done to his comp.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by icantwin@30 January 2004 - 06:09
    router, i dont understand though because i had overnet lite like a week ago and it worked fine but then i removed because i hadnt used it for a while then i just got it again and its not connecting

do you know how to forward ports to a d-link router

ive only found instructions on how to forward ports to a linkseys router maybe that is why its not connecting because i am firewalled so can someone please help me
    @cyril roflmao

@icantwin, if you call your router tech support they will forward the 2 ports that overnet uses for you

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    thanks so much musleman ill try that

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by icantwin@31 January 2004 - 17:23
    thanks so much musleman ill try that
    good luck boss hope it will be sorted