Thread: Wtf Is Going On

everytime i go to install direct x 9 i get an error, and was wondering if any of ya'all knew how to fix it.

here is the error im getting
    http://www.geocities.com/tr1536/wtf.GIF
    (copy and paste link... damn geocities...)

please help..
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Uhhh how are you installing it? From a game CD? Is it DX9.0 or DX9.0b? Are you doing it through MS update?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    im installing it through winblows update, and its direct x 9b. ive also tried installing it through game cds. i have winblows xp pro with service pack 1 and all updates installed. any help?
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    Hmmm.... I would try from game CDs again. I have no idea why it's giving you that message. You could try clearing all the cache, root certificates, and IE files

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    I thought direct x 9 was still in beta?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by shn@30 January 2004 - 00:20
    where have you been...direct x 9 has been out for over a year.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+29 January 2004 - 23:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 &#064; 29 January 2004 - 23:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-shn@30 January 2004 - 00:20
    where have you been...direct x 9 has been out for over a year.[/b][/quote]
    Ive been in Redmond, Washington.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    Lolol... go Tux

Actually, DX9 has been out for like year and 3 months, but dx9.0b has been out for just 6 months

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    anybody have any ideas? i really need to get it installed, and i dont think my hard drive will last through another reformat (already done it like 25+ times and it has a lot of bad sectors on it, but not where windows is on it). anyway of fixing this problem without reformatting??? please help.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Perhaps you have an older version of DirectX that is corrupt somehow. I&#39;m gonna look up on how to uninstall the older versions safely, so you can install the new one.

-- EDIT --
    Umm... have you checked out XPLite?
    XPLite
    You can find the full version online.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.