Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nero Backitup Problem.

I recently backed up a lot of my files with Nero Backitup becasue I wanted to format my hard drive and do a clean install of Windows XP.

After the reinstall of Windows XP, I ran Nero Backitup to restore my files, but none of them could be opened at all, so, in order to restore the backup, must I be logged on to the previous install of XP?

Is there ANY program that can let me extract the backup files besides Nero Backitup, or am I screwed?

Is there a program that extracts "NBI" files?

:helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    What version of nero? The early ones don't support NTFS..

Found this http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread....threadid=77875

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Im using Nero 6 Ultra Edition.
    Plus Im in the same kinda shit that dude in that other forum is in, yet, instead of DVDs, its my important documents that I cant decompress......

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ok....

I realize I need to run "NRESTORE.EXE" on the FIRST backup CD, as many people suggested, but, I've found NRESTORE.EXE in C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero, not on the CD, yet, there's another problem.

When I run the .exe, a message comes up saying :
    "C:\PROGRA~1\Ahead\Nero\NRESTORE.EXE
    An application has attempted to directly access the hard disk, which cannot be supported. This may cause the application to function incorrectly. Chose close to terminate the application."

I click on Ignore,click enter, and a screen comes up with a list of the following drives:
    E:
    G:
    I:
    J:
    K:
    L:

I dont have any of these drives, though.
    I click on any drive....lets say drive G: for example. When I do so,a prompt comes up saying "Please insert Backup CD #1 in drive G:" I click enter, and it says "backup not found".

Here's the problem: how do I configure the drives? I mean, I cant boot the CD in drive "G" or "I" because I dont have a drive G or I. The only CD drive I have is "D".

So, how can I boot the D drive in NRESTORE?

Please, help me. I spent all day trying to figure this out.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Is there a program that extracts an image of the partition I backed up?

Is there a program that extracts track and sector data?

:helpsmile:

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Does anyone know what an "NBI File" is?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    just change your drive name to one on the list

Klite Clan : <span style='color:purple'> [ThE_Def-EndERS]</span>
    [Clan Site]

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    How do I change the D drive to "G"?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    forgot how sorry.but now i think you can change it

Klite Clan : <span style='color:purple'> [ThE_Def-EndERS]</span>
    [Clan Site]

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Yeah,but its not like I can right click the the D drive and change the properties.
    It doesnt work like that. I&#39;ve installed an "E" drive from Daemon Tools and now the damn NRESTORE.EXE doesnt even detect the E drive. What the hell is going on?? I&#39;ve spent on day on this shit and Im fucking pissed&#33;&#33; How could Nero have a Backup program that doesnt let me restore my backup on another partition? There has to be something Im doing wrong....yet, this place is so dead today....only two people responded to this fucking thread when I KNOW theres someone here that has a solution to my problem or at least knows what the problem is.........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast