Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xp Home Ed. - Hangs On Shutdown

Windows XP Home Edition fails to shut down properly after running Klite. It hangs during ‘Saving Your Settings’.
    The problem only occurs when Klite has been running and only after it has run for a number of hours.

I have tried the following without success:
    Clean install of O.S. and all updates plus tried, tested and trusted application software only.
    Set compatibility mode to Win98 for Klite.
    Running Klite ‘not acting as a supernode’ and ‘not sharing files’.

I had the same problem with KMD prior to using Klite and trying the above.

Any ideas?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    As you used KMD in the past, there is a possiblity that the spyware could still be on your system, unless you removed it yourself. Even if you uninstall KMD, the spyware still stays installed. I suggest you try using Adaware or Spybot to remove it, if you haven't done so already.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Thanks for you suggestions Sparkle 1984, however, I used KMD before I carried out a clean reinstallation of my system. I also regularly run Spybot S&D.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    What internet connection do you have? If ADSL, what modem do you have?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Take a look here
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Hi 4th gen,
    I'm Using a BT Voyager 400 Modem. I'ts software sometimes fails to respond on disconnection but only afer running KL.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    you shut off klite then turn pc off and thats when it gets stuck??

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Hi Muscleman,
    Yes to your question. I have also tried closing all running programs including those running in background, but still get hang on XP shutdown.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Your computer's Win XP OS may be getting into a hung state on a program NOT visible on the task list. Like a virus might do...

Also, the networking part of the OS may be glitching up, preventing proper shutdown.

Have you tried monitoring both connections and connection speed using 3rd party apps designed for the task?
    There may be more going on than you realize...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Hi,Switeck
    Thanks for your post.
    I agree with your first two points and if I understand you correctly I should be looking to identify the problem as far down the line as possible since it may be easier to work upwards to the source!
    Can you recommend a monitoring application to assist?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast