Thread: Windows Vs. Linux On The Server And The Desktop

Poster
    http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/mcse2.htm

I save a lot of time thanks to Windows XP, which brings me to another area where Linux is lacking. As I am sitting here writing this column, my computer is busily defragging my hard drive, running my virus scanner, and I'm being shown a list of all the latest MS security patches that are being remotely installed on my machine today. Why doesn't Linux come with any defragmenting tools or virus scanners or Active Backdoor Update like you get with Windows? These are all must-have features for me. Linux is seriously lacking in Internet utilities as well. No way would I run a Linux operating system if it means I can't connect to America Online. Also, where is Microsoft Office for Linux, Windows Media Player for Linux and Outlook Express for Linux? Nowhere to be found. If I can't type a letter, make a spreadsheet, or email anyone with Linux, why on earth would I ever put it on my desktop?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster

everyone is a noob sometimes

3. Lounge   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Marius24@31 January 2004 - 14:58
    No f**king sh*t

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    This has gotta be a joke

Windows Longhorn will be like having a little cop right inside your computer, something MCSEs such as myself have been demanding for years.
    Come on you guys dont think its serious do you?!

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Lick My Lovepump
    Thanks for posting this, its the first thing in ages that has made me truly laugh:
    One thing many home computer users are concerned with these days is viruses and all the time they consume. Linux zealots will try to say that their platform isn't plagued by things like email viruses, but with Windows XP I don't gotta worry about emailing viruses to my friends and family at all. The built-in email client Outlook Express does it automatically, in the background.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by DWk+1 February 2004 - 15:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 1 February 2004 - 15:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Marius24@31 January 2004 - 14:58
    No f**king sh*t [/b][/quote]
    good thing i dont care shit bout u or i might have taken that offensively dik

7. Lounge   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Marius24+1 February 2004 - 10:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marius24 @ 1 February 2004 - 10:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by DWk@1 February 2004 - 15:40
    <!--QuoteBegin-Marius24
    @31 January 2004 - 14:58

No f**king sh*t
    good thing i dont care shit bout u or i might have taken that offensively dik [/b][/quote]
    Who are you?

Either way, I was talking about the guy on the site. But I guess you consider yourself a noob