Thread: New Exodus Album "tempo Of The Damned"

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster

"Almost twelve years have past since EXODUS’s last studio-recording “Force Of Habit” and no one could imagine that these crazy Bay-Area thrashers would come back with an album of so much energy and power. The band that inspired so many groups and contributed to the creation of the great San Francisco’s thrash metal scene seems to have found the perfect harmony to release an album that was worth waiting for… With Nuclear Blast on their side and Andy Sneap (ARCH ENEMY, NEVERMORE, MACHINE HEAD) behind the studio consoles the result is surely more than satisfying showing us how thrash metal should be heard at the year of 2004! The american boys have overcome Baloff’s sudden death with the use of Steve Souza who still seems to be capable of creeping over the band’s mic. Nevertheless Paul Balloff will remain in history for his unique style and presence (R.I.P.). Sinking into the album tracks we can find a great opener called “Scar Spangled Banner” which leaves no doubt for what is going to follow in the next 55 minutes…pure f*cking thrash metal with a killing production! The thrash-attack keeps on with the up-tempted “War Is My Sheppard” and the slower but easy memorable “Blacklist” and “Shroud Of Urine” maintain the massacre. Classical EXODUS riffing comes back with “Forward March” while Steve “Zetro” Souza keeps on reminding us his late 80’s attributes. The follower “Culling The Herd” is the slowest and probably the less interesting song of all. Diving in their past, guitarist Gary Holt and drummer Tom Hunting came upon two tracks from WARDANCE’s history (a project they’ve created in the mid 90’s) and decided to rework and re-record them for this record. However these two songs (“Sealed With A Fist” and “Throwing Down”) have nothing to envy from the other ones as they are also heard fresh and new. “Impaler” is an EXODUS classic 80’s track that was never officially recorded and surely reminds glorious ages of the past. The last one and self-titled “Temple Of The Damned” closes this release with the best way keeping the adrenaline high with it’s charismatic riffs! With this release EXODUS came back to claim their throne on the thrash metal scene and there is no doubt that they will prevail!!!".....

http://www.metal-invader.com/

Go get it and break your NECK!

FC B)

2. Music   -   #2
    god-of-rock's Avatar God of Rock
    Don't think I've ever actually heard Exodus, but I've heard of them.... and I think I had a poster or two on my old room back in the days.... what's it like, is it like early Metalica-trash or more Slayer-ish? Or am I WAY off track?

3. Music   -   #3
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Almost everybody I have talked to online have not heard of them.

You have to be an Old School 80s Hood to know these Guys.