Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Explorer Crash Whith .ogm Files

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i uninstalled all my individual codecs and tried this kazaalite 2.20full (to see if it's gotten any better) and i get that problem. i uninstalled that kazaalite pack and installed my individual codecs and now nothing works. wtf? well, i put the kazaalite pack back on and will wait it out. this isn't the only time i've had probs with klite pack either. along time ago i tried an early ver and i got blue screens a lot. and today i also tried the 2.10 ver and it didn't play anything at all. hum. guess i'm stuck with 2.20 until i find something that works or i format. damn codecs!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    i get this error even if i just open a folder with a avi file even if it isn't thumbnailed

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    ok, i just tried the 2.24 and not only is the failure still there. it also played my bubblegum crisis 2040 upside down (which is ogg). lol, wtf? lol. anyway, went back to 2.20 and that's it. tired of restarting.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Hmm... these sound pretty strange. Could it be a registry problem? Has anyone tried uninstalling all codec packs and cleaning the registry, restarting and the reinstalling?

RegSeeker
    NTRegOpt

Maybe someone could try the latest Mega Codec Pack. I've had no trouble with it. It also has an option for a bugfix for the 2.20 K-Lite Codec Pack. Maybe that will help with the .avi problem.

What programs are associated with .OMG for whoever is having the problem? If it's Media Player Classic, then maybe the built-in Ogg filter should be deactivated.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Cleaned the reg (always try that when I run into a bug). Association is set to WMP 9.
    Avis and mpegs don&#39;t have this problem, nor does this problem happen if there&#39;s a single .ogm file in the folder.

I had no problems whatsoever with the 2.11 pack. (*sigh* sic fractum non sit, noli id reficere)
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Picture upsidedown:

* Right-click DVobSub trayicon (if present) and select &#39;flip picture&#39;
    * Go to the XviD decoder properties and flip the picture

Also try version 2.24 when you have troubles. You can get it here: https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=88210

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    That still doesn&#39;t solve the explorer crash Error403
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    It&#39;s probably a bug in the .ogg filters. Nothing that I can do about it.

Using classic folder view is the only solution.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    I confirm I also receive this explorer crash error but not with .ogm files, it is generally with .mpg and .avi. The crash is down to codecs, I uninstalled all my codec present on the system and there was no crash, went to install the mega codec pack again and it crashed, I have also chosen a variety of different codecs when given the option to choose for them to be installed. I have found that there is no problem with the general codecs like Divx, Xvid and 3vix but the problem could relay in one of the other codecs in the package.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Perhaps DivX Anti-Freeze is causing it?
    Or one of the other filters like Matrix Mixer?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast