Thread: Installing Cnc Generals Via Virtual Drives

I've tried to install deviance cnc generals using the virtual drive in both daemon tools and cdrwin 5.0, but it doesn't start again after loading disc 2 into the virtual drive.

I tried to burn one of the cd2s if dl, but a got error messages, even after fixing it with cd mage...... So this time I thought I would try using virtual drives instead of wasting cds, but that didn't work either, anybody got suggestions???

2. Games   -   #2
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    It's a common issue. What errors do you get during installation? CDmage didnt work for me either, so I reverted to dl'ing CD1 again as it seems that my where my error issue stems from.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

3. Games   -   #3
    I get dozens of error messages in data2.cab on cd2. My cd1 works, I just dl cd2 today, and I wanted to test it with a virtual drive before burning it, but it won't work, tried about 100 times...

4. Games   -   #4
    Guys i tryed to use Clone Cd 4.2 it have virtua drive in it it works besides damon & fantom cd is sucks try it good luck

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    I just have one question...

Why use a virtual drive or anything like that at all??

What's the problem, do you not have enough HD space to extract the ISO with??

Best method I have found is to use WinISO to extract the ISO to a file named after the ISO name...not lash or deviance or anything....like BF1942_1....(that was the cd label for disk 1 of Battlefield 1942) then after I have extracted all cds I just run the installer....sometimes you have to move the folders around or drop all files from disk 2 into disk 1s folder or...whatever...you'll get a feel for it after you try it a few times.....although it does take up a bit of room, you'll save yourself time and cds in the process. It installs much faster from HD than cd, and you don't even need a burner!

6. Games   -   #6
    I'm gonna try that ThE_MP3_G0d..

thanks