Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mods

Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@1 February 2004 - 19:32
    Well I remember a topic about whether you are who you really are on this board, you know, do you act the same IRL, and anyone thats heard me on the Radio will now tell you I am

Why change, I'm me, this is who I am, this is who I'll always be, so people can either like me or hate me, not my problem

Jonno B)
    Well said, i think its difficult to know if people are true to themselves on this board because it is anonymous and becuase you can hide behind a username personally i try to be myself as much as possible, but it can be difficult for some people as they may be trying to escape the troubles of real life.
    Wiz.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Forum Star
    nice topic

Do you enjoy the board, more, less, the same or differently since taking up the role.
    at first i suppose i didnt enjoy the board as much. the reason being that i found that some members had a problem with me, i think, just for the fact that i'm a mod, but it really does'nt bother me anymore. as i said in another of your topics JP, its practically impossible to get on with everyone.

this is a meeting place for all sorts of people, and most of us here i would imagine have a problem with what they see as 'authority', myself included. but as has been said loads of times - for the board to work and not turn into flame wars etc etc someone has to be here to enforce rules and try to keep the peace.

i understand some folk see me as someone who has been involved in a few arguments here, and i dont deny it. if someone has a problem with me and they want to discuss it on the forum then i'll give my point of view in response. recently though, things got out of hand between myself and UKMan, so i'd like to apologise to him for that. i went about it in the wrong way. i can see UKMan's point in the threads, i hope he can see mine too.

If you moderate elsewhere, how do you find the difference in enjoyment
    this is the only forum i use, the only others i have really visited was es5, at first to find out about the prog, then again when all of that fuss happened. some might see this as a bad thing though as i dont have a lot of experience of these things. i was fairly new to the internet/computers when i came here, the only times i had really used them was at college before i got my own. but i enjoy this place so i was happy to help when asked.

on the plus side, i get space for 100 pm's, and i like the ip tools

ps - sorry i had started this before brotherdoobie posted his link, my g/f's sister has just had a false alarm at the hospital, she's due tomorrow

3. Lounge   -   #13
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1+1 February 2004 - 14:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wizard_Mon1 @ 1 February 2004 - 14:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS@1 February 2004 - 19:32
    Well I remember a topic about whether you are who you really are on this board, you know, do you act the same IRL, and anyone thats heard me on the Radio will now tell you I am

Why change, I&#39;m me, this is who I am, this is who I&#39;ll always be, so people can either like me or hate me, not my problem

Jonno B)
    Well said, i think its difficult to know if people are true to themselves on this board because it is anonymous and becuase you can hide behind a username personally i try to be myself as much as possible, but it can be difficult for some people as they may be trying to escape the troubles of real life. [/b][/quote]
    I just wanted to add my two cents.
    I realy dont care who someone is in "real life",
    I have gotten to know people on this forum by what
    they post and the manner in which they respond to post.

If that is not the way someone is in "real life".... then so what?
    I like the fact that we use avatars and sigs to help define us.
    It makes things more interesting.

Perception is all that matters....What&#39;s real changes often.
    I am how you see me.
    It doesn&#39;t matter if that is who I am or not.

To change is to grow and that is what excites me about the internet.
    We all learn to adapt it&#39;s in our genetic code.

So what if your a loser or a geek.....We all are
    Welcome to the web.

Peace brotherdoobie

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    I had forgotten about the previous thread, thanks for that.

I can read my opinion there and save myself a bit of bother.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    Ok start a poll who thinks i should be mod?
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

6. Lounge   -   #16
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by pol@1 February 2004 - 15:02
    nice topic

Do you enjoy the board, more, less, the same or differently since taking up the role.
    at first i suppose i didnt enjoy the board as much. the reason being that i found that some members had a problem with me, i think, just for the fact that i&#39;m a mod, but it really does&#39;nt bother me anymore. as i said in another of your topics JP, its practically impossible to get on with everyone.

this is a meeting place for all sorts of people, and most of us here i would imagine have a problem with what they see as &#39;authority&#39;, myself included. but as has been said loads of times - for the board to work and not turn into flame wars etc etc someone has to be here to enforce rules and try to keep the peace.

i understand some folk see me as someone who has been involved in a few arguments here, and i dont deny it. if someone has a problem with me and they want to discuss it on the forum then i&#39;ll give my point of view in response. recently though, things got out of hand between myself and UKMan, so i&#39;d like to apologise to him for that. i went about it in the wrong way. i can see UKMan&#39;s point in the threads, i hope he can see mine too.

If you moderate elsewhere, how do you find the difference in enjoyment
    this is the only forum i use, the only others i have really visited was es5, at first to find out about the prog, then again when all of that fuss happened. some might see this as a bad thing though as i dont have a lot of experience of these things. i was fairly new to the internet/computers when i came here, the only times i had really used them was at college before i got my own. but i enjoy this place so i was happy to help when asked.

on the plus side, i get space for 100 pm&#39;s, and i like the ip tools

ps - sorry i had started this before brotherdoobie posted his link, my g/f&#39;s sister has just had a false alarm at the hospital, she&#39;s due tomorrow
    No need for the sorry
    Tell your g/f&#39;s sister to get a move on it.....Times a wastin&#33;
    and congrats&#33;

Peace brotherdoobie

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by brotherdoobie+1 February 2004 - 21:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brotherdoobie @ 1 February 2004 - 21:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@1 February 2004 - 14:44
    <!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS
    @1 February 2004 - 19:32

Why change, I&#39;m me, this is who I am, this is who I&#39;ll always be, so people can either like me or hate me, not my problem

Jonno B)

Well said, i think its difficult to know if people are true to themselves on this board because it is anonymous and becuase you can hide behind a username personally i try to be myself as much as possible, but it can be difficult for some people as they may be trying to escape the troubles of real life.

I am how you see me.

Welcome to the web.

Peace brotherdoobie [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for that too, really nice post.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by brotherdoobie+1 February 2004 - 20:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brotherdoobie @ 1 February 2004 - 20:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@1 February 2004 - 14:44
    <!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS
    @1 February 2004 - 19:32

Jonno B)

I am how you see me.

Welcome to the web.

Peace brotherdoobie [/b][/quote]
    Your right i&#39;m not saying its bad i was just saying how i personally prefer to live my life. People are definatly free to make there own choices.
    Wiz.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Forum Star
    cheers brotherdoobie :beerchug:

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Magic Nakor

Now that Magic has seen the forum from both sides, I wonder if his answer has changed?

Me, I hate responsibility and know nothing about computers. I would not only not enjoy it, I would suck as well.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast