Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Am I Being Hacked?

Poster
    Originally posted by kaiweiler+8 February 2004 - 15:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kaiweiler @ 8 February 2004 - 15:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@8 February 2004 - 17:28
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@8 February 2004 - 14:36
    <!--QuoteBegin-shn
    @8 February 2004 - 16:14
    Switch to a better firewall.&nbsp; That one is obviously yeilding false and unecessary reports.&nbsp; Silly if you ask me&nbsp;

Sygate Pro is a very reliable firewall actually
    probably the most, or second most popular here on the board

When your trying to secure a system the last thing that should be of any concern is popularity

I could give DAMN how popular it is. I could be the only one in the world with it and as long as it works then that&#39;s fine with me.

And if it is so good then why can&#39;t you give him/her a solution simple enough to solve the problem rather than boasting on it&#39;s popularity.

Windows is popular................almost everyone uses it................even people here on the board.
    Does that make it one of the best o.s. around...................hell no.

I suggest you stop following in other people&#39;s footsteps and pave the way for your own.
    I suggest you stop posting garbage and start thingking clearly, here on the forum are some of the smartest people I know, and if the majority are using a particular piece of software, that also has great reviews, something tells me it is a good piece of software...
    why would I use a different piece of software that i have not heard anything good about, i would say it is better to "follow in other peoples footsteps" and be virus safe, then to just use other software for the hell of it and get a fuck load of viruses, doesnt sound to smart to me...
    dont trash whatever anyone else says and start having some respect, especially when I am right [/b][/quote]
    If everyone uses it there will be more exploits written for it, since more people use it.

There are good and bad sides to everything.

I agree with shn, use what works for you and not what works for everyone else.

scottwile is having a problem with sygate therefore should move on to something else if the problem can&#39;t be fixed. Who cares how popular it is?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #62
    i&#39;m not having a problem, its seems to be stopping the attacks, do these attack even mean anything?

when i start up my computer i get this sygate message about eber.exe. could this be a problem? should i delete it?

thanks for all the help everyone

3. Software & Hardware   -   #63
    Poster
    Originally posted by scottwile@8 February 2004 - 21:12
    i&#39;m not having a problem, its seems to be stopping the attacks, do these attack even mean anything?

when i start up my computer i get this sygate message about eber.exe. could this be a problem? should i delete it?

thanks for all the help everyone

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/exbr.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    if its in docs and settings i doubt its a system file

I went to http://clickspring.net/ and it is a horoscope site

sounds safe to delete, but I don&#39;t think it is causing the problem.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #64
    alright, i will delete it just incase.

what do horoscopes have to do with this?

thanks for you help

EDIT: any other ideas on how to stop these stupid logs?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #65
    Originally posted by Java Boy@1 February 2004 - 20:55
    Sorry mate...I shouldnt of posted that stuff...it will get you in to trouble i suspect.
    get him into trouble? how?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #66
    Poster
    Originally posted by scottwile@9 February 2004 - 17:51
    alright, i will delete it just incase.

what do horoscopes have to do with this?

thanks for you help

EDIT: any other ideas on how to stop these stupid logs?
    that prog is trying to contact a horoscope site

7. Software & Hardware   -   #67
    oh i get you, how did you find this? put the ip in the address bar?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #68
    Poster
    Originally posted by scottwile@9 February 2004 - 21:00
    oh i get you, how did you find this? put the ip in the address bar?
    it said the url in the screenshot

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567