Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Women Rulers !

Poster
    Thacher was a evil beatch
    But then what else do ya expect from a bloody tory

And blockading is only a part in the overall war strategy.
    If your learning history its a pretty pointless exercise your teacher had you on.
    Blockading on its own would never work. We blockaded Germany in both world wars and yet we still had to go in and sort them out.
    Also blockading had a far more serious effect on the civilian population (especially WW1) where the population starves to death so in effect blockading is a far less humane way to fight.
    Blockading by itself doesnt deal with the problem, it just delays it and makes the enemy more desperate and possibly then more dangerous.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Women are supposed to have no place of power whatsoever, Men are far superior...
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bo_selecta@1 February 2004 - 22:58
    Thacher was a evil beatch
    But then what else do ya expect from a bloody tory

And blockading is only a part in the overall war strategy.
    If your learning history its a pretty pointless exercise your teacher had you on.
    Blockading on its own would never work. We blockaded Germany in both world wars and yet we still had to go in and sort them out.
    Also blockading had a far more serious effect on the civilian population (especially WW1) where the population starves to death so in effect blockading is a far less humane way to fight.
    Blockading by itself doesnt deal with the problem, it just delays it and makes the enemy more desperate and possibly then more dangerous.
    ok we had a choice of the options that kennedy had at the time .... one of them was blockade - we didnt discuss what happened after just what we thought would be suitable at the time

AND STOP SPAMMING !!!!!
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by bigboab@1 February 2004 - 21:38
    I just think Margaret Thatcher.
    I then think Miners.
    I then think, now that coal is going to become the new 'Oil'
    I then think Margaret Thatcher then think 'Wasted Space'

On Kennedy.

If I had been Kennedy I would have:-

DUCKED.
    the coal miners went on strike for more money.

she did the best thing and told them to shove(l) it and hired new miners who were more than happy to work for the same wages.

the coal in france at the time was far cheaper and would have crippled our economy.

wasted space? yea right

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Hey Samurai! I was the first one to view your site! w00t!!
    and a nice site at that...
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Poster
    Well you should always blockade, but blockade on its own isnt feasable.

If ya attack but dont blockade, the enemy can keep getting supplies so the war will drag on longer.
    If ya blockade but dont attack, the enemy find other supplies, build up then attack ya, or just attack ya straight off and reopen the supply lines.

AN thatcher was still evil

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Originally posted by bo_selecta@1 February 2004 - 22:12
    AN thatcher was still evil
    Please explain. I would like to know all the details based on your conclusion. I will write a follow up to this after.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    the cuban missile crisis was a very dangerous time because of the nature of the weapons involved. In my opinion a blockade was the safest choice as a direct military attack could have ended up as a nuke fight

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@1 February 2004 - 22:10
    Hey Samurai! I was the first one to view your site! w00t!!
    and a nice site at that...
    Hehe well it's been up for a day or two, I only just put the counter on there. I'm adding buts and pieces when I find time. I need to have the account open a week before I can upload files larger than 750KB so I'm putting the small ones on first.

Anyway, back on topic or gemby! will hurt me

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    dam rite i will

@vidcc - thats what i mean ! cuban missile crisis !
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast