Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Please Change Your Signatures

Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i think its only the images that pose a threat, as is someone knows whatthey are doing, they can retrive the ip addresses of people on the forum, just by using an image in the signture. as you have to fetch the image from another server, which the board doesnt have control over, where as if they are on the server, they are onlt getting fetched from the server, so no probs.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    Thanks again Livy

Now I just gotta work up the energy to replace it. I'm already tired just thinking about it.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    internet.news
    Originally posted by 7thElement@2 February 2004 - 07:16
    As mentioned here https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=97014 we will not longer allow off-site signautre and avatar linking.

Your controlpanel includes a new signature upload function where you can upload your signature. We will remove all signautures from our database now.

Reason for this step is that many members use dynamic signatures which fetch a user information such as browser version, OS version, IP address and more.

Hopefully this step will help to offer our members a better privacy environment.

Please also upload your avatars or select one from our galleries while you are on it

7th
    Reason for this step is that many members use dynamic signatures which fetch a user information such as browser version, OS version, IP address and more. (7th Element)

I have to mention, that it is good from you to mention this cause some ppl don't
    know that their IP easily could be discovered. But if ppl who know that want to
    have a dynamic Signature - like me - they should be allowed on their own risk.

So it is good to mention that

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    weeeee

Finally!! I'm so excited.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    was wondering about that

took me a while to notice though
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345