Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Sending And Receiving Messages

  1. #1
    When you have nothing better to do other than send messages to people who you are downloading from or uploading from you know what i am talking about? Anyways so here i am msging this person,who was uploading, and suddenly when i sent them a msg a dialog box appeared and it said:
    "Message Cannot be delivered
    The message cannot be delivered to <insertname>@kazaa. It might be and so on and so forth"
    Why the hell did that happen? I mean i was talking with the person just a minute ago.

  2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    they probebly cut you off or went off line.

    and we don&#39;t normally message peole either boss

  3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Old Fella
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Godzone
    Posts
    803
    The only time I try and message people is when I am downloading a file and find it to be fake, just so they know. But seems like everyone has this turned pff these days.

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    Originally posted by Cyril@2 February 2004 - 05:58
    The only time I try and message people is when I am downloading a file and find it to be fake, just so they know. But seems like everyone has this turned pff these days.
    ya i get the same thing, i sometimes try to pm people to get klite also but again its a no go

  5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@2 February 2004 - 07:40
    and we don&#39;t normally message peole either boss
    ^^Well I am a sad man That happened only once, sending and receiving messages i mean.

    Anyways thanks for your comments but i noticed that when their upload speed decreased i wasnt able to send a message,i think the reason was that the connection was broken or some other high-tech mumbo jumbo happened. Isnt the &#39;default&#39; option for messages(when you first download and install K Lite) set at &#39;ignore&#39;?

    Once again i appreciate the help.

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,233
    Originally posted by dark knight@2 February 2004 - 01:17
    Anyways so here i am msging this person,who was uploading, and suddenly when i sent them a msg a dialog box appeared and it said:
    "Message Cannot be delivered
    The message cannot be delivered to <insertname>@kazaa. It might be and so on and so forth"
    Why the hell did that happen? I mean i was talking with the person just a minute ago.
    Either you or the other end is FIREWALLED and the ip PUSH route was lost. A push route is the chain of ip connections you have to &#39;hop&#39; through to connect to them.

    A firewall BLOCKS ALL incoming connections unless otherwise specified -- which kinda defeats most file-sharing&#33; So if you don&#39;t configure it to allow KL++ access both ways, you&#39;re firewalled. However, even firewalled you can connect TO people if you initiate/start the connection. They just can&#39;t reconnect to you if the connection is broken. (2 firewalled users can&#39;t connect at all because they won&#39;t accept any new connections TO them.)

    The reason why the upload is ok is because its connection is constant and not reestablished. However, once a file chunk is finished (typically 8 MB in size or smaller) the upload will lose connection and probably be unable to reconnect again.

    Roughly 60-90% of the entire Kazaa/KL++ network is firewalled. If you are firewalled yourself that means you can only download off the remaining 10-40%&#33;

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •