Thread: Odd Startup With Norton

Hi All. I installed NSW and NIS 2004. Everything works great. When I boot up though there is a window left open that shows 2 dll's: NISCONFD.DLL and PPROFILE.DLL. No other probs other than this window. Any ideas?? Thanks

Edit: Found the problem. Whenever I uninstalled NIS 2003, these 2 dll.s were left behind in a folder on their own. I deleted them and msg window is now gone and all still works great.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Wait, is it an explorer (Not IE) window?
    Well, it seems they are associated with NIS, and not NSW.
    Sounds pretty weird. I think I need more info.

BTW, NIS 2004 sux
    But, if you like it, have fun. I hear it's causing mountains of trouble for users, though.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    It is an Windows explorer window, not IE. And all is running great. I had used 2003 with success. I havent been disappointed yet. Just this weird window that pops up. Thanks for the reply.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Retired
    have you tried reinstalling your norton software?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Thx for the reply. Havent reloaded it yet. I was hoping someone would have a simple solution. I think Im gonna look at the startup file and see if I can move these files and still get good service. BTW, just came back from shields up testing. NIS passed every test. Even did the more extensive test, all passed. cyas.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Got it. Check edit above. Thx for the replies.