Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sound Quality

Poster
    Originally posted by Shinigami@4 March 2003 - 02:43
    Do you know of a program that can rip higher than 192 kbps? I currently use WMP for extraction then user a different proggy for converting to MP3's...
    Use musicmatch it can rip at up to 320 kbs in mp3 format.
    you are losing quality when you convert from windows media to mp3
    It is FAR better to just rip in mp3 to begin with
    Musicmatch can be easily found on kazaa

2. Music   -   #12
    Poster
    I usually use EAC,but after reading the zeropaid article im going to try LAME...thanks for bringing this to my attention

3. Music   -   #13
    New burners, those purchased within the past 3 years, have big buffers, so that data is fed smoothly. No more "buffer underrun" errors. Better to find a better source file.
    That's true, but the faster you burn the more errors you get because its spinning many times faster and the dye in the recording layer has to react faster. The better the media and drive quality, the less of an issue this is. High-speed recording is more likely to cause jitter than lower-speeds, regardless of buffer size. Most of the errors go unnoticed because they can be corrected by the internal hardware (even though there are more of them) but some players will have more trouble with it. It depends on the media too. High-speed media may not perform well at low speeds.

http://www.cloversystems.com/answers.htm#Q8

More information on discs not playing in certain players here:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15634

4. Music   -   #14
    for the record, i re-recorded the album using musicmatch (instead of nero @12k) which i think defaults to a 8k write speed and the disk played in my card cd player error free today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12