Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Is The Best Cd-ripper?

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by DataMore+3 March 2003 - 16:06--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DataMore @ 3 March 2003 - 16:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@3 March 2003 - 20:55
    I don&#39;t mind LAME.....can you use LAME with CDex?
    Yeah you can and if a new version of Lame comes out, you can just download the Lame .dll file and replace the old one in CDex&#39;s main folder.

The same goes to a bunch of other encoders. [/b][/quote]
    Just PMed ya.....cool...downloading now.

Actually.....don&#39;t know which one to download.

2. Music   -   #22
    Stable CDex or beta.....stable or beta.....hmmmmmmm.

Going with stable.

3. Music   -   #23
    Poster
    Check CDex forum, FC.

It looks like deja vu&#33;

4. Music   -   #24
    Ripping a CD with it now guys.....need to play with it awhile and will get back and let ya know what I think...really do not see a difference in the two.....I mean they use the same encoder.Will take picks of what encspot shows after I rip a CD with CDex and then the same one with PowerAmp.

5. Music   -   #25
    Ok.....I have ripped a few songs with both rippers.....useing the same encoders(Lame 3.92) and I can not tell the difference between either one of the songs or the actual CD.That is what is important.....the quality,I still say to each his own...and from what I can tell both are good.

Let me go to the bathroom and clear the wax out of my ears.....rip 2 whole CDs...burn them to audio and put them on the home stereo cranked up.I still do not think I will hear a difference but you never know.Now remember this is an older man who has been to a few shows in his day and my hearing might be getting bad.....maybe we should have a 15 or 16 year old do a test?

6. Music   -   #26
    Poster
    Whatever you do DON&#39;T use the new Lame 3.93&#33; :x
    I&#39;ve heard that it has some serious quality issues&#33;

I&#39;ve also heard some people saying that the Fraunhoffer encoder is better than Lame.

Is it?

7. Music   -   #27
    imported_uncle_cracker
    hello DATA ...

concerning your question about mp3 encoding look here

it is a german website, but you can "see" the test results of encoding a wave with bladeEnc, lame and the reference frauenhofer encoder (12/1999).

the result said, that lame and frauenhofer are nearly the same, but with the aspects of price/licence/speed and quality, the lame encoder is favorite.

cu

:beerchug:

8. Music   -   #28
    If you&#39;re just ripping the audio from a CD for yourself, don&#39;t bother encoding it&#33; Just rip it as a wav and you&#39;ll keep the original CD quality. The LAME encoder just squeezes it down to mp3 size with not much quality loss, but you do lose some nontheless. mp3 format is for filesharing because of its compression:quality ratio, but just copying a CD for yourself should not include further encoding.

9. Music   -   #29
    Poster
    sorry it may be a bit late but i use cdex....however if you want fast cd ripping while keeping it 100% original data go to this site and download there cd to wav/mp3 it comes with ad ware but u can uninstall these and it does not alter the program stability.....it is freeware as well very easy interface i ripped a whole 80 min cd to hard drive in 20 mins or so alot faster than cdex for me anyway.

the url is http://www.mthreedev.com/

enjoy fast ripping

10. Music   -   #30
    thanks for all the help everyone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123