Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sixth Sense

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>SIXTH SENSE IS LUCK&#33;&#33;</span>

2. Lounge   -   #42
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    I dunno about a 6th sense.. all I know is that theres an old friend of mine who I grew up with.
    We&#39;ve known each other since the day we started school at the age of 5.
    When we turned 30, he suddenly moved clear across the country to work on a prawn boat... he&#39;s always loved the sea so it was hardly surprising when he left.

Odd thing is, whenever he&#39;s coming to visit, I start thinking about him the week before he gets here... his name just suddenly pops into my head and all these old memories of us playing together as kids come flooding back.

Oh.. and he doesn&#39;t return on regular occasions.. sometimes it&#39;s 3 years between visits, other times it&#39;s only 6 months... and he never calls, because he likes surprising people.
    Once the memories start up, I know that within a week, he&#39;ll be standing on my doorstep again. Weird, but kinda cool.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    That is the type of thing I was thinking of UnZ. No explanation for it.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    There is one odd thing:

I&#39;ll be reading, with the TV or radio on in the background?

Either of two things will happen-I will read a certain word and then almost immediately hear it spoken, or hear the word and then immediately read it.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Poster
    when i phone the bank and do that "where does the character B appear in your password?" thing, i always know which order theyre gonna ask the questions in.

@j2k4. i think thats just the way the human brain works. when i read, i read aloud in my voice in my head. i can say what people say on tv too, until i try to actually say out loud
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J&#39;Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Originally posted by t3h1337n355@4 February 2004 - 11:33

@j2k4. i think thats just the way the human brain works. when i read, i read aloud in my voice in my head. i can say what people say on tv too, until i try to actually say out loud
    No, I&#39;m talking about odd words, like "obfuscate" or "credenza", or even names of people.

It really is quite strange.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Poster
    yes you are. i mean it is.

apparently its an obsolete survival mechanism, i say this cos i want to talk about how dogs seem to know stuff. a few years ago when it used to snow in england. my dad went down to the shop with the dog. for seemingly no reason the dog ran into the road pulling him out off the way of tons of snow falling off the roof
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J&#39;Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Originally posted by t3h1337n355@4 February 2004 - 11:49
    yes you are. i mean it is.

apparently its an obsolete survival mechanism, i say this cos i want to talk about how dogs seem to know stuff. a few years ago when it used to snow in england. my dad went down to the shop with the dog. for seemingly no reason the dog ran into the road pulling him out off the way of tons of snow falling off the roof
    Yes-animals have remnant behaviors and inapropos talents that are very mysterious. When I was a kid, I had horses, rabbits, cats, dogs, etc.

There were times they all acted up at once; three, four hours later, something would happen.

Talk about goofy remnant behavior:

I have a ragdoll cat-supposed to be bereft of most of his "survival-type" instincts?

Makes for some odd moments-doing the pre-pounce wind-up thing, tail switching, back up, etc., and then all the air comes out of him and he lays down and sleeps.

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by j2k4+4 February 2004 - 17:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 4 February 2004 - 17:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-t3h1337n355@4 February 2004 - 11:33

No, I&#39;m talking about odd words, like "obfuscate" or "credenza", or even names of people.

It really is quite strange. [/b][/quote]
    I actually think the strangest is that they say words like that on radio or tv.....

You reading them seems quite normal to me..............

You being a master of obfuscation.

And your pc is probably on a credenza........

Yogi

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Originally posted by SensualGardening+4 February 2004 - 12:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualGardening @ 4 February 2004 - 12:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by j2k4@4 February 2004 - 17:42
    <!--QuoteBegin-t3h1337n355
    @4 February 2004 - 11:33

It really is quite strange.
    I actually think the strangest is that they say words like that on radio or tv.....

You reading them seems quite normal to me..............

You being a master of obfuscation.

And your pc is probably on a credenza........

Yogi [/b][/quote]
    Yes, Yogi-I see what you mean.

I think this begs a new thread&#33;

-Mark Twain

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast