Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which One Is Best?

Poster
    Originally posted by Cyril@4 February 2004 - 12:55
    After all the bickering nice to see you 2 kiss and make up.

Switeck, I'm with you 100%, although am using Overnet at the mo and seems okay (still using KL of course). I guess they are simple programs to use as well, and when I get more time will try BT versions. Considering maximum download speeds i can get are bursts up to 25 Kb/s probably doesn't matter a whole lot anyway.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@4 February 2004 - 07:59
    @NotoriousBIC i forgot to ask, lollllllllll what kind of a connection do you have?? (/me scared) lollllllllllllllllllllll
    Aww, shucks, does that mean the dare is off

Anyways I mostly concur with Switeck, although I must add that a lot of full music albums are being shared through Bittorrent. Just have a look on Suprnova to get an impression.
    And I want to add DC++ to get those hard to find things like cult-movies and such.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    BANNED
    lol no its not i was thinking about a movie or better yet software download. and i'm ready but if you have a faster connection i might as well give up now

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Retired
    for me it's IRC mostly I download there with speeds up to 400 kb/s

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@5 February 2004 - 09:25
    lol no its not i was thinking about a movie or better yet software download. and i'm ready but if you have a faster connection i might as well give up now
    Lol, well this is all fun of sorts, but we could try and make it more serious.
    Has anybody tried and put all (or some) p2p app next to eachother and compare speeds/factors/availability and such?
    I know Zeropaid has the stars rating, but that doesn't say anything. I mean real rock-solid numbers?
    We could try using 2 stable connections and see how efficient protocols are for 1on1 sharing. Or perhaps find other more scientific ways to compare p2p.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    BANNED
    funny you should mention that, acually i have you name it i have on my pc, and normally when i do a search and can't find someting i search with all p2p to see if i get lucky.

bottom line it all depends on the #of sources and not the p2p

i could get one file faster with overnet then bittorrent or irc, and vise versa, i just fine it fastes(by fastest i mean the time it takes to look for someting real) and less time and headache to search and download with overnet, except for music, music is whole different story. lolllllllllllllll

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    internet.news
    Originally posted by joker23@3 February 2004 - 00:49
    out of all the p2p programs which one is best?
    most reliable?
    fast?
    easy to use?
    After Audiogalaxy closing I am using this clients:

1. K-Lite K++ 2.4.3
    2. SoulSeek
    3. Audiogalaxy's Usergroups (they did not close it yet&#33
    4. eMule, and all the others. Opennap is fine but you have to be connected
    to each server - the servers are not all linked at each other.

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Poster
    i'm pretty new to p2p sharing and i installed clean klite ++2.6 because i though it would be the best since it was the newest version. is klite ++2.4.3 better right now?

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Poster
    BitTorrent for speed
    Emule for Software and Games
    Clean Blubster for music

and for movies..... yeah whatever

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Soundscape@9 February 2004 - 02:36
    i'm pretty new to p2p sharing and i installed clean klite ++2.6 because i though it would be the best since it was the newest version. is klite ++2.4.3 better right now?
    get kazaa lite resorrection, its klite's follow up and is updated and has more tools go here for it

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast