Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ad-aware

If you have no viruses but your computer is still slow. Then get this, this thing is called Ad-Aware and it takes all the spy-ware off your computer. Because all spyware is is that it like gives you ad's for no reason and makes your computer slow.

The link is:download.com

when you get done downloading it. install it and all that other junk. Then get into it then click scan, then there should be a thing that says custimize, then click on general on the side, then there should be x's and checks. there should be 4 circles on the top with those. make them all x's but the last one which should say Safe Mode (request confermation) or sumthing like that.then exit that out then click scan again then click next. It should be scaning. after that click next then it should give you all the spyware that u have then right click one of the box's then click something that should say select all. click. then click next. restart your computer then do it all over again.

post how much spyware u got here

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Wow, that's more information than I need.

I use adaware weekly and have no spyware to report.

But you'll be amazed at the hijacking that Norton and Adaware don't see with this nifty little program.
    It is called cwShredder

You should run it. It removes those stupid "FILESEARCH" pages and altered homepages that appear when a webpage doesn't exist. Also removes other junk, like search bars and tools, script etc...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Spindulik@3 February 2004 - 02:21
    Wow, that's more information than I need.

I use adaware weekly and have no spyware to report.

But you'll be amazed at the hijacking that Norton and Adaware don't see with this nifty little program.
    It is called cwShredder

You should run it. It removes those stupid "FILESEARCH" pages and altered homepages that appear when a webpage doesn't exist. Also removes other junk, like search bars and tools, script etc...
    Sounds like something I could use, Spin-

Tell us a bit more, if you could?

I clicked on it, and the DL came up immediately; I don't like to jump too quick-

I trust you, but I don't want to duplicate things I might already have?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    yea. i used this because my friend told me about it because my computer was sooooooo slow and it took me forever to download but it was worth it. my computer became real fast. i'll look into your shredder thing soon.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    i ran the shredder prog and it said i was clean. i guess it helps when you pay attention to what is on your comp on a regular basis. seems like a good program though.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I took a flier on CWShredder, too.

I was clean, also, but it's a nifty little prog.

I keep nifty little progs.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    have you guys ever tried spy sweeper??

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    cwshredder is g8 --- check 4 updates 2xmonth tho B)
    Your computer has been turned on. Windows must now crash to configure this change.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@3 February 2004 - 04:47
    I did, and it seemed like the real deal, but I couldn't find a good updatable copy.

I was very impressed with it.

-Mark Twain

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@3 February 2004 - 07:47
    Yep and it seems like a great program if anybody else wants to try it, google FOSI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast