Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate Yourself

BANNED
    Say no to violence!

This topic is funny to read.

Ok now here's just a comment from what I want to comment on.

@Bigdawg.

(first, try not to take this the wrong way, since you seem to do this all the time) Most computer sellers do what they're supposed to do: sell computers. It's different if you're talking about being a computer technician. The average technician doesn't know much (or knows vaguely) about how computers actually work. They just do what you did with your computer: build it up, set it up, and tweak it "a little" (no offense to oc'ers ).

The thing is, a good technician shouldn't just know that - if you ask an "average" technician to tell you how many volts does the AGP or PCI slots have, I doubt you'll get a good answer. In most cases, they don't even know what cable is the 12V cable which comes from the PSU.

My point is (and I'm gonna bring Descartes over here), all anyone can know is that they know NOTHING. The insignificant piece of knowledge you (think you) have is probably worthless to 98% of the world. It is useful (however), to what you do. Being this a forum of (mostly) technology-related talk (sorry Lounge, not you ), a "Rate yourself" post might be appropriate. However, I don't think it would make a damn bit of a difference if you either rate yourself as 8,9,10,25, a million.

All you have to realize is what you have is something for yourself and yourself only (Oh morpheus inspired me there ). It might be helpful for someone else if you are willing to share it. It isn't helpful whenever you try to keep bickering at something that isn't worth so (and I'm talking about fighting).

Damn, that came out long. Well, I hope you got my point, and REALLY hope you didn't get that the wrong way.

@clocker

Man that fecking sucks. Now that you've experienced this, I HAVE to ask something:
    Do you think the WC was worth it?

@Smurfette, adamp2p, and braniac

Oh god you have said this to me a million times - SHUT UP. Stop fighting for something that isn't worth it.

Bleh it's a big posts Oh well.

Peace out

2. Software & Hardware   -   #102
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by DWk@5 February 2004 - 17:15

Man that fecking sucks. Now that you've experienced this, I HAVE to ask something:

Oh yeah, no doubt.

What happened was my fault and had nothing to do with watercooling as a solution at all.
    Properly done, my experience notwithstanding, it's not that difficult, watercooling offers the best of both worlds- low noise and excellent heat removal.

The best heatsink in the world (insert your candidate here) can only be as good as the airflow in your case will allow. Poor airflow=high ambient case temps=high chip temps.
    Watercooling basically removes the case airflow from the equation, so life gets that much simpler.

There is also the bling factor which is hard to quantify, but undeniably present.

What happened to me was the result of my own carelessness and stupidity...don't let it dissuade you from trying what I consider to be a superior method of cooling.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #103
    BANNED
    bling factor keke.

Yea I might try water cooling on one of the other computers I have

4. Software & Hardware   -   #104
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by clocker+5 February 2004 - 20:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 5 February 2004 - 20:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DWk@5 February 2004 - 17:15

Man that fecking sucks. Now that you&#39;ve experienced this, I HAVE to ask something:

Oh yeah, no doubt.

What happened was my fault and had nothing to do with watercooling as a solution at all.
    Properly done, my experience notwithstanding, it&#39;s not that difficult, watercooling offers the best of both worlds- low noise and excellent heat removal.

The best heatsink in the world (insert your candidate here) can only be as good as the airflow in your case will allow. Poor airflow=high ambient case temps=high chip temps.
    Watercooling basically removes the case airflow from the equation, so life gets that much simpler.

There is also the bling factor which is hard to quantify, but undeniably present.

What happened to me was the result of my own carelessness and stupidity...don&#39;t let it dissuade you from trying what I consider to be a superior method of cooling. [/b][/quote]
    2 Qs for ya clocker

1) ur style of talking changed... r u sure ur really clocker?
    2) how old r u? (not related to the previous Q. also, no offense intended)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #105
    BANNED
    Style of talking

B)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #106
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by atiVidia@5 February 2004 - 17:39

1) As certain as I usually am.
    2) 53
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #107
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by clocker+5 February 2004 - 21:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 5 February 2004 - 21:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@5 February 2004 - 17:39

1) As certain as I usually am.
    2) 53 [/b][/quote]
    53? wow&#33; wow&#33; wow&#33; i&#39;m speechless. i thought u were 20 ish

8. Software & Hardware   -   #108
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Quite a lot of talking going on here

I would give myself about 8 or 9, but thats because i had so much probs with my pc&#39;s in the past that i had to try and master them But it doesnt make me a geek, cos i&#39;m too good looking

Its 1.30 am and raining outside. We brits love our rain, just can&#39;t get enough of it

I bet you people living in warm, sunny climate are jealous because you get that boring sun all the time
    Robert00000

9. Software & Hardware   -   #109
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Robert00000@5 February 2004 - 19:27
    Quite a lot of talking going on here

I would give myself about 8 or 9, but thats because i had so much probs with my pc&#39;s in the past that i had to try and master them But it doesnt make me a geek, cos i&#39;m too good looking

Its 1.30 am and raining outside. We brits love our rain, just can&#39;t get enough of it

I bet you people living in warm, sunny climate are jealous because you get that boring sun all the time
    Actually Guatemala has one of the best weathers of the world -

It doesn&#39;t rain too much, the sun isn&#39;t THAT hot, there are only 2 seasons - warm and wet. Warm - sunny, no rain, but fresh. Wet - rainy, fresh, a little colder.

No snow.

No complaints B)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #110
    Poster
    Originally posted by DWk+6 February 2004 - 03:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 6 February 2004 - 03:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Robert00000@5 February 2004 - 19:27
    Quite a lot of talking going on here&nbsp;

I would give myself about 8 or 9, but thats because i had so much probs with my pc&#39;s in the past that i had to try and master them&nbsp; &nbsp; But it doesnt make me a geek, cos i&#39;m too good looking&nbsp;

Its 1.30 am and raining outside. We brits love our rain, just can&#39;t get enough of it&nbsp;

I bet you people living in warm, sunny climate are jealous because you get that boring sun all the time&nbsp;
    Actually Guatemala has one of the best weathers of the world -

It doesn&#39;t rain too much, the sun isn&#39;t THAT hot, there are only 2 seasons - warm and wet. Warm - sunny, no rain, but fresh. Wet - rainy, fresh, a little colder.

No snow.

No complaints B) [/b][/quote]
    Our weather here in Nova Scotia sucks &#33;&#&#036;@%%. It was 6 degrees celcius yesterday with absolutely no wind.Today on the other hand,it was -7 degrees and we had the wind blowing at about 35 km/hr (windchill around -20 or so).A couple of weeks ago we had windchills in roughly at -55 degrees and we got some snow also. This time last year we had a couple of feet of snow on the ground but this year just a couple of inches.

Oh I want the sun to come back,it&#39;s too damn cold.BRRRRRRR
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast