Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate Yourself

Poster
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@3 February 2004 - 20:12
    I would give myself a 6.5 or 7.
    Sorry, but I had to laugh at that one...
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx+3 February 2004 - 21:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdawgfoxx @ 3 February 2004 - 21:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mad Cat@3 February 2004 - 11:23
    I&#39;d say about everone here is a 0 to a 1. Does anybody know how to make any of the parts in a computer? Hence you know next to nothing about a PC.

So you would rate your knowelege of cars as 9 because you can fit a new tyre...

Me = 0.01
    um...wtf...noone ask us to build our own graphics cards, nor do we need to..we just know how to troubleshoot and build them and tweek...knowning how to build our own parts is kinda stupid...we dont know next to nothing [/b][/quote]
    So you are rating yourself on building PCs. Riight. Seriously, 90% of people could probably do that w/ the right tools and a guide.

Think about it. Everyone here has to ask questions about nearly everything, yet they rate themselves a 8 or 9 even.

Considering all the computing knoweledge known by everyone in the world, you know a miniscule fraction of that.
    Rating yourself an 8 or 9 (like some have) is a near perfect score, and that would be suited to a person that could at least design a processor... not some mediocre guy that can build a PC.

I&#39;m not flaming either, just looking at facts.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    I am okay I guess.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Poster
    11 outa 10 ... pure arogance

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    in madcats view i would be 0.7.

i know a lot about building them and stuff like that and quite a bit but i have no idea how to like build a processor or video card and that kinda stuff. I know how to wire things up, i can put together the computer and i can install an os and tweak&#092;config it. so i do know a lot, probably about everything im ever going to know. unless knew types of software and hardware come out that i can learn about.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    bluedevil's Avatar Antileech.Inc
    yes if you see it like that i&#39;d probably be a 0.5

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@3 February 2004 - 16:12
    ABU, you didnt know you were supposed to reinstall windows when u put new parts in...I dont think that would make you a 7.5. I would give myself a 6.5 or 7.
    i tried to get it working on my original os, and it didn&#39;t work. i had to find out the hard way. yea, i&#39;m not that good

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Poster
    Now there&#39;s a rubric, I&#39;ll still say I&#39;m an 8 or 9.
    I do think that the knowledge curve in that is somewhat out of kelter though... too shallow wll the way up to 8, then too steep from then on.

The question was how good one was with hardware. This doesn&#39;t seem to imply that a perfect 10 rating means you can design and build a CPU, rather that you have an intimate knowledge of how different types of RAM work, the principal behind SATA and RAID systems or the advantages of hyperthreading.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i&#39;d say 10 would be, like i said up there, the god of computer hardware. not necessarilly build a cpu from scratch. but just has very deep knowledge of computers and hardware

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    that rubric is way wierd lol.

it goes from like someone who cant put together a computer to someone who puts them together and overclocks.

i can put mine together and can use it great also, but i dont overclock because there isnt really that much of a gain in small overclocks, and i dont have peltiers or wc becuase i dont have that kind of cash.

watercooling should b 8 and peltier 9, overclocking start at 7, building a computer should be 5, building without help of anyone is 6(me ).

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast