Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: K-lite 2.6

BANNED
    Originally posted by Lite@4 February 2004 - 13:46
    MM, i assure you that there is NO spyware in there, please try the latest RC and tell me if it finds anything
    ok man but if my spy sweeper find that kazaa search spyware i gonna come for you

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+7 February 2004 - 10:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 7 February 2004 - 10:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lite@4 February 2004 - 13:46
    MM, i assure you that there is NO spyware in there, please try the latest RC and tell me if it finds anything
    ok man but if my spy sweeper find that kazaa search spyware i gonna come for you [/b][/quote]
    sure : :helpsmile:

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    BANNED
    ok boss i just started the scan, my spy sweeper has found:

what is a "kazaa cookie" and why do i only get this from your 2.6????

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Don&#39;t know what that is&#33; Its not put in by the installer - if you want to monitor your system during installation go ahead, i can assure you the installer didnt put that on your system&#33;

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    it sucks right now just wait for the final
    Signature removed, please check the board rules

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Lite@7 February 2004 - 11:32
    Don&#39;t know what that is&#33; Its not put in by the installer - if you want to monitor your system during installation go ahead, i can assure you the installer didnt put that on your system&#33;
    ok well i scaned my system before install and it was clean, then the only thing i did was install the 2.6 from your website and then ran spy sweeper, and i got that plus 2 more things which i don&#39;t remember(my gf restarted my pc, grrrrrrrr) anyways boss it didn&#39;t fall from th sky, this is my third time and evey time my spy sweeper brings up stuff

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+8 February 2004 - 10:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 8 February 2004 - 10:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lite@7 February 2004 - 11:32
    ok well i scaned my system before install and it was clean, then the only thing i did was install the 2.6 from your website and then ran spy sweeper, and i got that plus 2 more things which i don&#39;t remember(my gf restarted my pc, grrrrrrrr) anyways boss it didn&#39;t fall from th sky, this is my third time and evey time my spy sweeper brings up stuff [/b][/quote]
    Well i just ran spy sweeper. It found nothing. Heres the steps i took:

1. Ran spysweeper
    2. Installed K-lite
    3. Ran Spyspeeper again

Yes i had the latest definitions. So how come your the only person that finds something?&#33; . What am i (or you) doing differently?

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    BANNED
    let me start off by saying that i&#39;m all for klite development, whetear its kl or klr or clean 2.6. if i say some thing its only to trouble shoot and help with the future of the klite 2.6.

now i don&#39;t know what is going on but i promise you i&#39;m not lying.

are you using spy sweeper full version??

are you using spy sweeper at all or some thing like adaware because i have both (full versions) and spy sweeper gets stuff adaware misses, other than that i don&#39;t know what to tell.

but like i said i want to see the full 2.6 with extensions it would be done deal. belive me when i tell you i&#39;m not lying or bs-ing you. they are there, i don&#39;t understand how come you don&#39;t see them.

i don&#39;t think you are lying either, i belive you when you say you didn&#39;t find any. i mean we are all adults here. we just need to figure out whats going on

keep up the great work (and get me those extensions man )

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Filesharinghelp.com
    MUSLEMAN, i beleive you - i just dont know where these files are coming from

Ill tell you exactly what files the installer touches/ puts files into:
    1. All the files you see in the installation directory
    2. 2 Runtimes in the system folder (Only if not present)
    3. The HOSTS
    4. The Registry

And there the only ones it touches.

The test i ran earlier was with the trial version of Spy Sweeper, with the latest definitions. It found nothing after installation - i was disconnected from the internet also (while installing).

This really baffles me, as you seem to be the only one who finds these . I would love to see exactly where these files come from. I have looked over the files that go into the installer again and i cannot find anything that would pass off as spyware. :helpsmile:

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by Lite@8 February 2004 - 15:36

This really baffles me, as you seem to be the only one who finds these :01: . I would love to see exactly where these files come from. I have looked over the files that go into the installer again and i cannot find anything that would pass off as spyware. :helpsmile:
    It would be best if you name the items spysweeper picks up.

Also if the hosts file is touched it is possible that it comes off
    as a hijacked hosts file (ie spyware)

-mikelite

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast