Thread: How Do I Convert Avi Files Without Aduio Lag

Hey people does anybody out there know how to convert avi files to mpeg and then write them to vcd so that when i come to playback the audio is intime with the video and it doesn't look like a badly dubbed movie.

The conversion software i'm using is TMPGnc and the burning software i'm using is Nero 5.9XX.

I'm on my knees begging for your assistance.

Humbly

Dazmo

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    What is the .avi you're trying to convert encoded with?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    the probable cause of the sound lag is bad video frames in the file ,especially if the lag is not consistent throughout.I know you can fix this in tmpgenc but I can't remember how. Try vdub-mp3-freeze its a good program to detect frozen frames and delete them you will still have to change the sound skew to correct the error vdub will tell you where the errors are (video section-check for bad frames) here is also a good link for video problems dvdrhelp I suggest the tools section also search the site many people have this problem the files in kazaa don't always download cleanly lots of information creates greater chance of errors I downloaded harry potter 2 the first time i converted it it looked lousy and sounded bad .Its a learnning expeirience do google searches on your errors and post them here many people have had them have fun trying to figure out how to correct them.Just when you think you have sorted it out a different error occurs. ps here is a link for vdub mp3 frame freeze http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/download...virtualdub.htmland last but not least try this link it has alot of fixes for sound synchttp://www.dvdrhelp.com/edit.htm#repair

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Use VirtualDUB and open your avi file, then file>save wav.
    Open TMPGenc> select your avi and wav then encode.
    If your still having problems, do the above or post again.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    This is the file i'm trying to fix....Road Trip [DVD-Rip, Unrated Version, DivX]-2.avi...most of the movies i've downloaded are divx.

I have also followed the links above and i can't seem to get my conversion software wizard to open up...do i have to uninstall it and then reinstal it or am i missing something really basic and fundamental (probably the later).

I am sorry to be such a pain to you good people but believe me your time is not wasted...i have tried all the the things that have been suggested and the same problem always occures when i split the files using 'Easy Video Splitter'. So please don't give up on me yet.

Yours very very humbly

Dazmo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    imported_The__One
    i can't seem to get my conversion software wizard to open up...
    Do U mean TMPGnc? If so, consider downloading VirtualDUB http://www.virtualdub.org/ , it's what I use to convert video...not to shure 'bout what's your problem now tho

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I am sorry to be such a pain to you good people but believe me your time is not wasted...i have tried all the the things that have been suggested and the same problem always occures when i split the files using 'Easy Video Splitter'. So please don't give up on me yet.

Yours very very humbly

Dazmo
    I had problems when I used easy video splitter to split the file just use mpeg tools in tmpgenc located in file section(merge and cut)I'm sure you can figure this out...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    PS... cancel the wizard in tmpgenc to get to the file section