Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ati Radeon Brightness Problem

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I have a ati radeon 9500 Pro with latest drivers.
    Sometimes when i return to the windows desktop from a full screen game, the brightness is reset back to the defualt (which is kinda dark), so i gatta go back into ati radeon config.. click the brightness tab and poof the thing automaticly set it back to what it was supposed to be on. (Just like it forgot or something!!! weird)
    This is very annoying.. is there a way i can force it to allways stay the brightness i want it to be? thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Do you have the drivers for your monitor installed?

If not, search google for the word "driver" as well as the name of your monitor, for me that's the "Sony E540 multiscan" after you download the .inf files from the internet, extract them to your desktop. Then naviage to device manager where it says "plug and play monitor" right click on it and select "update driver" but select "advanced" and show windows to your desktop where you extracted your monitors driver.

Otherwise, hey what's up Wolfmight? Are you still encountering issues with your TV card?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    hey
    Yea, but i just put it on a different machine here and it worked like right away. (damn unknown conflicts)
    I already have the latest drivers installed for my moniter

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    try reinstalling the drivers or try the omega drivers, or try this; this wont really fix the problem but make it easier to change back:

for ati drivers you can make config profiles of all of your settings right? and there is the little ati icon down in the system tray, if you right click on it you can change between profiles right? try making a profile with all your proper settings then whenever you get out of a game or other fullscreen app. then right click the ati icon and choose your profile and it should fix the brightness.

another solution i can think of is to just leave the card going really dark and change the brightnesss on the monitor to the proper setting and then you shouldnt have any problems.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    i have the same problem, i had this problem before with my Nvidia card too - i've gotten used to right-clicking the desktop everytime i exit now

it wouldn't be a problem if my monitor wasn't so damn dark in the first place, my brightness and contrast are maxed
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@1 February 2004 - 00:24
    try reinstalling the drivers or try the omega drivers, or try this; this wont really fix the problem but make it easier to change back:

for ati drivers you can make config profiles of all of your settings right? and there is the little ati icon down in the system tray, if you right click on it you can change between profiles right? try making a profile with all your proper settings then whenever you get out of a game or other fullscreen app. then right click the ati icon and choose your profile and it should fix the brightness.

another solution i can think of is to just leave the card going really dark and change the brightnesss on the monitor to the proper setting and then you shouldnt have any problems.
    lol its not the brightness ur talking bout...

some games (ut2003) autoadjust the gamma, and reset it when they close

Omega driver pwn!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Darth - Yea, same here.. my moniter is too damn dark

Ati - Do the omega drivers allow blocking games from reseting the gamma? I dont want em to do that sh*t to ma machine! dis ma house lol

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@1 February 2004 - 05:26
    i have the same problem, i had this problem before with my Nvidia card too - i've gotten used to right-clicking the desktop everytime i exit now

it wouldn't be a problem if my monitor wasn't so damn dark in the first place, my brightness and contrast are maxed
    I had this problem before. However, when I was meddling through the Control Panel, I found out a little utility that installs with Adobe Photoshop called Adobe Gamma Loader. I was intrigued, so I checked it out and it's REALLY good. You can adjust your gamma with it beyond the gamma you adjust with the monitor.

This was a life-saver that time. However, the problem only got fixed when I formatted.

Peace out

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by DWk+1 February 2004 - 10:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 1 February 2004 - 10:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DarthInsinuate@1 February 2004 - 05:26
    i have the same problem, i had this problem before with my Nvidia card too - i&#39;ve gotten used to right-clicking the desktop everytime i exit now

it wouldn&#39;t be a problem if my monitor wasn&#39;t so damn dark in the first place, my brightness and contrast are maxed
    I had this problem before. However, when I was meddling through the Control Panel, I found out a little utility that installs with Adobe Photoshop called Adobe Gamma Loader. I was intrigued, so I checked it out and it&#39;s REALLY good. You can adjust your gamma with it beyond the gamma you adjust with the monitor.

This was a life-saver that time. However, the problem only got fixed when I formatted.

Peace out [/b][/quote]
    Adobe Gamma loader is the same as the ati radeon gamma setting thing.. Software solution to problems.. how fun hehehe.

Like those people who buy all these tweak programs and expect a computer 3-4 times faster.. Wippie.. (it needs a format the next day..)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    still got the prob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast