Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: English Help

  1. #1
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    london
    Posts
    9,141
    i am doing a piece of original writing for my english coursework but i dont know what to base my story on ... and i was wondering if you luvly people could suggest some things .....
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Narfuck
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,641
    Birth, life, happiness , love sadness and death

    Or a Smurf

    Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

  3. Lounge   -   #3
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    94
    Posts
    7,783
    The lounge..........


    Yogi

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    london
    Posts
    9,141
    oo a smurf - dayly travels against the evil of that big lanky weird pervy guy .. and the search for a newer - bigger boobed smurfette ...

    sounds like men today...
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,946
    Is it totally open or are there boundaries. What are your parameters.

    If it is totally open, write it about something you enjoy, or something you did which you enjoyed.

    The intensity of emotion will help you in conveying your message. Alternatively it could be something really sad, but that would be less fun.

    Either way, base it on something you know and have experience of. It will improve your work no end.

    It's difficult to give anything more than generic advice without knowing a bit more about the project.

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,804
    You have no guidelines I take it?

    If you have free choice in the subject matter then follow the first rule of writing - stick to something you know about. Choose a place, a theme and an idea that you can populate with colour and depth.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum


  7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,946
    Originally posted by Biggles@4 February 2004 - 00:30
    You have no guidelines I take it?

    If you have free choice in the subject matter then follow the first rule of writing - stick to something you know about. Choose a place, a theme and an idea that you can populate with colour and depth.
    Plagiarist

  8. Lounge   -   #8
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,804
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+3 February 2004 - 23:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 3 February 2004 - 23:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles@4 February 2004 - 00:30
    You have no guidelines I take it?

    If you have free choice in the subject matter then follow the first rule of writing - stick to something you know about. Choose a place, a theme and an idea that you can populate with colour and depth.
    Plagiarist [/b][/quote]


    Fast typer
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum


  9. Lounge   -   #9
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    london
    Posts
    9,141
    my teacher isnt the best - he doesnt explain things too well and all he sed was write an original piece and it can be a story (short) and thats it

    im gonna fail english ...
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

  10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,946
    Originally posted by Biggles+4 February 2004 - 00:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggles @ 4 February 2004 - 00:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@3 February 2004 - 23:32
    <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles
    @4 February 2004 - 00:30
    You have no guidelines I take it?

    If you have free choice in the subject matter then follow the first rule of writing - stick to something you know about. Choose a place, a theme and an idea that you can populate with colour and depth.

    Plagiarist


    Fast typer [/b][/quote]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •