Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Counting Posts...

only useful information should come to count towards our posts number, like hashs or tips and other "helpful" information...no more then that....anybody posting a shorter reply without any thought into the reply...should lose some 10 posts or less or more?

cheers

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #162
    ahhh, so you mean constructive posts only and no posts taht are just " " kind of things...

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #163
    Originally posted by lunatacs@10 March 2003 - 20:27
    only useful information should come to count towards our posts number, like hashs or tips and other "helpful" information...no more then that....anybody posting a shorter reply without any thought into the reply...should lose some 10 posts or less or more?

cheers
    Is all that important? FC is having fun in music world.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #164
    FC is having wayyyy too much fun
    Oh well, I don't think he cares about posts anymore

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #165
    Out of The Ordinary
    Isnt it time to move this topic to Lounge now?

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #166
    No, I promise we'll get back on topic. But as Bender said, it will eventually come down to VB's decision.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #167
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I still don't see how limiting post counting to certain forums will prevent spamming! If all I wanted to do was increase my status, I could easily just start posting smilies in the hash areas right now. But that's not what I want. I'm just asking for credit where credit is due, and I don't see why someone who says "Nice post, man" in the verifieds section gets more credit than when I post a long, well thought out reply to someone's hardware or software problems. If the Mods really believe the stars don't mean anything, then why don't they get rid of them all together? Because they do mean something. They're a measure of how much a person contributes to this community. And when someone sees that my post count never changes, it makes me look like some sort of lurker who never says anything and is only here to leech files. Spammers should be dealt with on an individual basis, not by punishing all of us! I don't know if the board software could do this, but the rule should be that if a post is less than 10 words, including smilies, no post credit will be given.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #168
    :cough: :cough: nice post man... lol

Edit: that was funny... just to annoy him... ... heh anywayz.... i dunno i have no comment on this topic i gues....

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #169
    Yea... Nightwolf really deserves his posts in the Worlds because they've been nothing but helpful... again, we have to wait for what's going to happen...

Patience... :-"

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #170
    yes i agree that nightwolf's posts actually are helpful... PROMOTE HIM TO MOD!!! WOOT!!!... lolz... ... he helped me w/ ma messed up com...