Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

Thread: Counting Posts...

lol heheh this is not gonna be as good as delete posts

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #182
    Poster
    Originally posted by Nightwolf^.`.^@17 March 2003 - 00:55
    I still don't see how limiting post counting to certain forums will prevent spamming!  If all I wanted to do was increase my status, I could easily just start posting smilies in the hash areas right now.  But that's not what I want.  I'm just asking for credit where credit is due, and I don't see why someone who says "Nice post, man" in the verifieds section gets more credit than when I post a long, well thought out reply to someone's hardware or software problems.  If the Mods really believe the stars don't mean anything, then why don't they get rid of them all together?  Because they do mean something.  They're a measure of how much a person contributes to this community.  And when someone sees that my post count never changes, it makes me look like some sort of lurker who never says anything and is only here to leech files.  Spammers should be dealt with on an individual basis, not by punishing all of us!  I don't know if the board software could do this, but the rule should be that if a post is less than 10 words, including smilies, no post credit will be given.
    What an excellent idea.

Let's pay the chaps who mod this forum to do it on a full time basis. Then they can count the number of words in each post. Rather than having a life in the matrix. Where they can have relationships, meet real people, get a mortgage, buy a house, go out with their friends. Enjoy themselves. In fact have a life.

We don't want that sort of person here.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #183
    i think the limit should go to like 20 words... but then again w/ 10 words alot can be said... so can 5 words... some things just require simple answers like

:rtfaq: or :rtfm: errr

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #184
    Originally posted by jetje@16 March 2003 - 19:30
    Would surely solve a lot of problems Curley.... Look at this topic, we leave it open in here...
    Becauase we think it's important, just read through it again. 2 pages good posts.
    10 pages...hmmm doubtable post and thats because i like to be constructive....
    Can't you see that there are people who do post only helpful and well thought out information? Those people deserve to have their posts count in all areas. If you don't give them credit where credit is due you will see them post junk in places where it counts. That's why this is happening in this thread.

I myself don't think I spam the board but lately I have been helping a lot of people in areas where posts don't count. It is discouraging to not see it count. I also see spammers and am tempted to do the same as them now to 'balance things out'. I will not do it as I know postcounts are not really important. But fair is fair, right?

Can you tell us if anything is happening about this? Or when we can expect this to be sorted out.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819