Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Counting Posts...

Yse, true true, but we being veterans in a way, can tell the difference between spammer and helper and soon the newbies will tell the difference after seeing their actions. But I still like havnig more gold stars.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Here is me:

I'm not a spammer and that is a lot of posts to not count.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    I'm not a spammer either...
    Even though I have alotta posts...
    I post mostly in the q's section though...

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Originally posted by Shinigami@3 March 2003 - 20:47
    Yse, true true, but we being veterans in a way, can tell the difference between spammer and helper and soon the newbies will tell the difference after seeing their actions. But I still like havnig more gold stars.
    More stars? Everyone is getting alittle greedy now.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    i joined in December and only started really started in January. i guess i don't post that much, which can be a good thing?

i felt stupid only coming to the forum for verifieds so i decided to start contributing to the forum. now i am a happy member who tries to only post helpful stuff

but your post count can be a basis for your contribution status (besides wocus), and helping people solve problems in the movie/hardware/etc. section should be counted

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Cmon, there's more places to help out you know. Besides isn't it all about the feeling, not the reward? :-)

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    I like the feeling. Helping out anonymous people but the only thing you get to know of them is their personality... sometimes with a couple pics here and there

My reward is using KL and having more gold stars!

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Forum Star
    The original reasoning behind not counting posts in certain areas, is that some of the members got upset about people accumulating posts through primarily off-topic areas. The rational behind it is that those that do this don't really help or contibute to the purpose of the board. Or at the very least, they contribute less than those that post primarily in the support and development areas.

I never really agreed with this, as anybody can look and find that most of my posts (almost 30% are in the lounge), but for the most part I don't care. As it's been said, your post count doesn't have anything to do with quality of the content of your posts, or the integrity of your character. You receive no special privileges other than additional stars and different titles. It's not the primary means by which you're judged by others. So what's the point? I'd actually like to get rid of them all together, but I know that I'm in a minority when it comes to that.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    Whoa, you really slapped me back into reality with that one El_Jefe.
    The stars and such add to the overall look and feel to the forum... the longer and more stars or different title usually means, "wow dedicated" (and i mean usually). but the forum is great the way it is.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    I know it means mod work, but really any spamming can be curbed, even if posts are being counted in the lounge or not.

I mean Neo would have gotten to where he is no matter what forum you counted.

Then again, maybe you count posts in that section and assign a Lounge type mod to monitor only that area?

0_o

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast