Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Counting Posts...

Poster
    i think my post counter is spoiled ...
    seemes jammed

do i have to grease it ?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    jetje's Avatar former star
    I totally agree with EJ. Everytime i see this kinda topics pop up i wonder myself what is the importance of these stars.
    The only reason for the way the new rooms work now was to control spamming and help the rooms to stay clean and helpfull. It seems just a good idea.

But it's like traffic jam control, you never get a grip on the reason why, and certainly not on where.

2 options:
    we get rid of the stars....
    we raise level to promote to the next level
    newbie 1-500 next level 500-1000 next 1000-1500 etc so you have to nee serious spamming skills to promote to the next category. B)
    If you get caught spamming you lose 500 posts

Can someone please explain me what the importance of the post count is, i really don't get it.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Ideally, post count shows that you put effort into a site, and new members often look to those with high post count not only for Q&A about the technical stuff, but often about the board and board politics.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Poster
    Yes thats very true as i have had 3 emails from new members in the past week asking me questions and advice about the board.I dont mind as i would help anyone who asks properly.....

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    jetje's Avatar former star
    So that's why they all adore NeoShoyru I didn't get that.

No just kiddin SJ, your probably right 'bout the newbies. But we all know it doesn't work like that.
    How much you try to control it the real postcounthunter (spammer) finds his way.

btw personally i think the real spamming is pretty much limited know, thnx to you all. (Except our friend Wocus ofcourse )
    Maybe we should have problem rooms in the worlds. And let postcount work in there. The general rooms are pretty much ment as "lounge" kinda rooms on those subjects. But creating more rooms ain't the real solution to i'm afraid.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    I get so fed up with hearing this subject about posts (No Offence MagicNakor), what is the big deal if your

a Noob or a God it does'nt matter who gives a to$$ how many posts i have or you have, it seems to be a

contest for some people who can get to the top the fastest, like a struggle for power or World Domination.

Some people Post a just to get that one more post why?

There are alot of useless posts on the forum that help no one, yes theres having a laugh and joke but

sometimes just think is that a good answer, will that help him or her out.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Yes...that is known as "spamming."

I was referring to all the helping/problem-solving that goes on in the world rooms. It's just a fact of human nature that people like to be recognized for what they do, so even if people don't admit it, the post count is that recognition for helping someone in dire straits. Even if it is just a number on a board.

Edit: typo.
    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Yes i know its called SPAMMING

Referring to the Helping/Problem-Solving, there are a few people in this forum that would go out there way

to help other people solve there problems searching the net for just that little bit of info that may help.

Some users have been here ages and dont have alot of posts yet they have help solve alot of problems.

Others have been here 5 minutes helped no one and got 1500 posts and there a God? (Yeah ok)

I think the next time log in i might change my Nickname to Global Moderater GOD and have a Gold star spinning in my Avatar, what do you reackon?

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Frankly - Id be embarrased to have a 10000 points to my name
    On the other hand
    Having 10000 points and a few 's,
    makes you feel you haven't wasted your time.

If only it was possible to cash in the 's for Cash.

Im definetly Pro points in the Software section - where people need help and get it.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by jetje@4 March 2003 - 09:15
    How much you try to control it the real postcounthunter (spammer) finds his way.

I love that word.
    Couldn't you make that a new status?
    Somewhere between a God and a post whore?

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast