Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Counting Posts...

Ron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Genius@5 March 2003 - 18:28
    All this talk about posts has made me look at peoples status and so why does JmiF have 5 stars and yet only a Sr. member status.
    Read this

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #92
    Poster
    Originally posted by jamesandpie@5 March 2003 - 18:35
    ""All this talk about posts has made me look at peoples status and so why does JmiF have 5 stars and yet only a Sr. member status.""

it depends on the number of posts you have made and the amount of time u have been a member. say you posted 3000 yet you only been a member for a week you would be a post-whore. u c?
    Good answer.

Total pi$h, but a good answer anyway.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #93
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Over the past 5 months or so this has been a continuing topic. First off FC never lost any posts (one point they were taken away, however same day were back), secondly as it is, is fine, but changing titles may be a thing to discuss. I mean as posts have increased we should have adapted the titles to match. Simply get to a God status and never being able to move from there is not good. Not that the status really matters, but it does lend credibility to one's posts, I mean I would take what a GOD states as factual with far more weight than what a newbie said. Not to say everything said by anyone can be GOSPEL, however you tend to judge a persons post and whether or not you will use their advice on their status, at least I do. I would say grandfather everyone now and make a new set of achievements to reach for varying status names.

0-99 Newbie

100-249 Member

250-499 Full Member

500-999 Senior Member

1000-1499 Board God

1500-1999 Full Board God

2000-2499 Senior Board God

2500-2999 Supreme Board God

3000 and up - Unemployed or Lifeless (just a joke to those who have passed this mark already)

Hopefully you see my point, changing the system to work with a much larger post count than originally thought possible. I mean we could still make changes to all, have everyone switch to what their totals say versus the list above, it would not matter in the long run. But changing the measurement criteria and naming standards would be a cool way to improve what we have, thus making it more usable.

Maybe even a simpler way, start making Board God Levels, I would be considered a Board God Level 1 or something and so on. I sort of like the thought mentioned in a previous post regarding the mods deciding, but then you can have favoritism and or unfair practices being shown. I think adding levels would be an easy and usable solution.

up to 1499 - Board God Level 1

1500-2000 - Board God Level 2

etc.

or

up to 1499 - Level 1 Board God

1500-1999 - Level 2 Board God

and so on.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #94
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy@5 March 2003 - 14:08

0-99 Newbie

100-249 Member

250-499 Full Member

500-999 Senior Member

1000-1499 Board God

1500-1999 Full Board God

2000-2499 Senior Board God

2500-2999 Supreme Board God

3000 and up - Unemployed or Lifeless (just a joke to those who have passed this mark already)
    *EDIT*Damn.....I screwed up my post by messing around with the qoute...

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #95
    Poster
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy@5 March 2003 - 19:08
    Careful, you don't want to piss off Paul!

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #96
    Poster
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy@5 March 2003 - 19:08
    First off FC never lost any posts (one point they were taken away, however same day were back), secondly as it is, is fine, but changing titles may be a thing to discuss.
    LOL!! I wish a was around to see that!

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #97
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    I was out of the loop shall we say for a little while and just noticed that posts are not counting in the worlds. I missed something somewhere I am sure. What the heck is going on? I spend most if not all of my time in the movie section, so I guess 1245 is where I will stay.

Edit: 1246 (I guess they count in here)

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #98
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy@5 March 2003 - 16:24
    I was out of the loop shall we say for a little while and just noticed that posts are not counting in the worlds. I missed something somewhere I am sure. What the heck is going on? I spend most if not all of my time in the movie section, so I guess 1245 is where I will stay.
    Post only count in the verifieds not in the discussions.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #99
    lol i noticed that after a while... no it doesnt count in discussion and longue n funny stuff...

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #100
    TRshady
    Originally posted by Chilly+5 March 2003 - 17:29--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chilly @ 5 March 2003 - 17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ron@5 March 2003 - 17:13
    How about :
    C) Postcount stays, but MODs decide who becomes a God, based on the merits of each individual member. Kinda like the Oscars. You get nominated, and the MODs decide to give you the stars, or not.
    Great idea

I would vote for that, sounds like a good idea [/b][/quote]
    I agree to, the moderators should decide if you deserve to become a god because when I was a newbie I really looked up to them (how sad, lol) but its true. Or maybe have a poll to decide if that particular person should become god, I&#39;d love that, I&#39;d vote fairly mind......

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast