Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Counting Posts...

TClite's Avatar Poster
    jim, I disagree mate, I think the forum should not include only p2p and then hardware as an aside topic, although its what most of us originally came here for and what inspired us to find this site...after a couple of months you get to learn as much as you can do about p2p, and everything it has to offer...Ive read so much on this forum, and devoted alot to helping people with kazaa, but ultimately i think hardware and software problems are much more important.....

and if your prepared to help anybody, have a look at this, my on going problem with my modem, I have posted it in this forum several times.....here

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #112
    Get rid of the post counts? Doesn't really matter, this place is still fun. :-) Then you'll see a wave of people asking why you took it out. :-"

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #113
    Poster
    Originally posted by TClite@6 March 2003 - 01:12
    jim, I disagree mate, I think the forum should not include only p2p and then hardware as an aside topic, although its what most of us originally came here for and what inspired us to find this site...after a couple of months you get to learn as much as you can do about p2p, and everything it has to offer...Ive read so much on this forum, and devoted alot to helping people with kazaa, but ultimately i think hardware and software problems are much more important.....

and if your prepared to help anybody, have a look at this, my on going problem with my modem, I have posted it in this forum several times.....here
    I unreservedly support your right to disagree with me, or anyone else. I can appreciate that the members of the forum evolve as a direct result of using it. If however you feel that the hardware area is more important then that is a matter for you. That's not what this forum is about. It is about file sharing, using K-lite. The dudes in charge have decided to allow other things. I agree with them, however I remain of the opinion that these are side issues.

You also mis-quoted me when you posted "and if your prepared to help anybody, " what I actually said was "I am more than happy to help with any hardware issue I can." I certainly didn't offer to provide answers to questions on other forums. I have at best a limited knowledge of how modulator / demodulators work.

Always good to discuss these things with a right thinking chap like yourself

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #114
    Originally posted by TClite@6 March 2003 - 00:12
    and devoted alot to helping people with kazaa, but ultimately i think hardware and software problems are much more important.....

I would say just as important, and i agree to that.

If you have the knowledge that can help someone for what ever reason about KL or software hardware,

then put it to good use.

It would encourage more users to the forum.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #115
    Originally posted by Shinigami@3 March 2003 - 20:56
    No Mod is on right now so no opinion from them for a bit...

But looking through the discussions right now... it should count as there are alot of constructive posts there.
    Geee... I dont post nowhere near what you guys do.. but I dont want to be stuck @94 posts 5years from now either ! I usually only post in the kazza "problem" areas.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #116
    Well that fear is gone now, you have 95 posts. So is it all about fun and the feeling or posts and rewards. :-"

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #117
    Originally posted by The_Great_Dude@5 March 2003 - 21:32
    Well that fear is gone now, you have 95 posts.  So is it all about fun and the feeling or posts and rewards. :-"
    To tell you the truth, the post count really doesnt matter (to me).. I would do what I do anyway, because I enjoy the feeling I get, knowing that I helped someone. I have read the entire thread (up to this point) and agree that Hardware and Software issues are just as important and deserve recognition. I also believe that your post count lends a measure of credibility to your post, because it suggests to the reader that you have been active in the forums..and probably know what you're doing. I also see the other side here; the potential for abuse. I have no suggestion on how this should be sorted out. I also believe that every post is a contribution to our community. Thats all I have folks.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #118
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I haven't posted many hashes lately because while the Verified were down I became more involved with helping others with their computer problems. Now, consequently, I tend to post more in the 'Main' sections than the 'Verifieds'. I think most of my posts are helpful and relevent, at least to the people who posted their questions. However, my post count is now perpetually stuck at 158 and I will forever be viewed by others as simply a 'Full Member'. Why? I'm not asking for much here, just a little recognition for my contributions to this community.

I know some people have said the titles that come with a higher post count don't really mean anything, but I disagree. Whenever I read a new post, whether it's someone offering computer advice or a verified hash, the first thing I look at is that user's post count and title. I use it as a guage to determine how serious and commited that person is to this board, and I think most other users do that, too. Sure, some people only got their higher status by posting useless garbage, but I don't see how counting posts in some forums and not in others is going to put an end to this spamming problem. Meanwhile, those of us who follow the rules and try to remain on-topic are being punished for the actions of a few bad apples.

It is my hope that the Moderators will consider changing this new and unfair rule.

Thank You.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #119
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    your post count now says 159, so its not stuck

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #120
    Yea, you've got some REALLY constructive and helpful posts. I normally see you post and help people that have problems with encoding and such. Maybe it will change... maybe it won't...

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast