Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Burn Speeds Make A Difference?

Hi,

I just read a magazine in England (admittedly its a couple of months old) called PCExtreme that states that burning at slower speeds for movies/music etc. is a Myth???
    It done a test whereas it run a benchmark2001 in the back ground had media player running and burned a disc at x48 speed, and also shut everything down and burned another at x4 and guess what? there was'nt any noticeable difference in quality!

Whats your opinion?
    Have I been wasting my time for the last year or so by burning at slower speeds?

Personally I think it's better to burn slower, but I do normally think this magazine is ok for advice!

Cheers

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED

Some errors might be skipped/jumped when burning faster, while burning on slower speeds might get the thing copied whatsoever.

However, there usually isn't ANY difference.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    it depends on the cdr's you're burning to.

you should follow what is recommended on the label, but you can usually go higher by a couple times.

i find that plain ones with no label don't burn well at high speeds, but that just might be my burner.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    @ quicksilver, the "GENERIC" CD's

yah, your right, thos 100stack for $2 dont burn well at high-speeds, ive had a few and i couldnt push more that 24x

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@3 February 2004 - 19:02
    @ quicksilver, the "GENERIC" CD's
    that's them

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I always burn movies and data at 52x and never noticed any problems, even if the CD's are only rated for 48x. But I also got a pack of those cheapies and Nero would only let me burn them at 32x.

And in case you missed my other topic, for some I can only burn audio CD's at 24x max.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Nightwolf@3 February 2004 - 18:36
    I always burn movies and data at 52x and never noticed any problems, even if the CD's are only rated for 48x. But I also got a pack of those cheapies and Nero would only let me burn them at 32x.

And in case you missed my other topic, for some I can only burn audio CD's at 24x max.
    Ok how do you guys burn at a higher speed than the cd's can hold?

I don't have the option to do this (it's not like I mind burning at 48x.... but you know what I mean)

What program are you using?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by DWk+3 February 2004 - 20:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 3 February 2004 - 20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nightwolf@3 February 2004 - 18:36
    I always burn movies and data at 52x and never noticed any problems, even if the CD&#39;s are only rated for 48x.&nbsp; But I also got a pack of those cheapies and Nero would only let me burn them at 32x.

And in case you missed my other topic, for some I can only burn audio CD&#39;s at 24x max.
    Ok how do you guys burn at a higher speed than the cd&#39;s can hold?

I don&#39;t have the option to do this (it&#39;s not like I mind burning at 48x.... but you know what I mean)

What program are you using? [/b][/quote]
    I use Nero. What&#39;s the top speed of your burner?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Nightwolf@4 February 2004 - 00:36
    I always burn movies and data at 52x and never noticed any problems, even if the CD&#39;s are only rated for 48x. But I also got a pack of those cheapies and Nero would only let me burn them at 32x.

And in case you missed my other topic, for some I can only burn audio CD&#39;s at 24x max.
    Why do you burn Audio cd&#39;s at x24 only?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    that is probably the speed limit on the cd
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast