Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dvd -r Or +r?

Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    There are a few writers that support both formats. However the DVD-R format is the most popular at this time. DVD+R was developed by Sony, and is less popular. In the near future, none of these formats will really matter. DVD players will have the ability to play both formats in the future, so either way, you won't lose out. DVD-R is much cheaper for the drives and the media, and that was a huge selling point for me.--

Jibbler
    Proud member of MDS

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by DataMore@4 March 2003 - 10:13
    DVD writers are still in the "Beta Release" stage.
    A new CDR is on the market now, which holds 99 minutes of music. Does that mean that the CDR market is still in the Beta Release stage? There will always be new developements in technology, but this format is available now, and a huge installed base is being created.--

Jibbler
    Proud member of MDS

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by Jibbler+8 March 2003 - 20:31--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 8 March 2003 - 20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DataMore@4 March 2003 - 10:13
    DVD writers are still in the "Beta Release" stage.
    A new CDR is on the market now, which holds 99 minutes of music. Does that mean that the CDR market is still in the Beta Release stage? There will always be new developements in technology, but this format is available now, and a huge installed base is being created.--

Jibbler [/b][/quote]
    Those new 99min cd-writers dont work on all cd players tho... So its a bit like the DVD writers in that fact, also in nero and the cd writers that do support this 99min, its still not completely compatible as you need to turn on overburn in order to burn 99minutes.

When sumthin that is completely compatible with everything comes out, that will be the one that will win the computer hardware/software wars

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by Supernatural@8 March 2003 - 10:11
    I&#39;ve seen a DVD writer that supports both formats. I don&#39;t remember the exact brand or model. I could imagine that it would be fairly expensive.
    sony dru500a

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12