Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shadows 5.8.8

Shadows sucks...
    switch to Azureus and youll never be sorry

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    abc is the way to go..
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    bah i refuese to use azrus it take way to much system resources and crashes moe than anyother client that i have tried and that if you can get the damged thing to even start a dl

as for acb i have tried it and i like it but as i said before i dont need all the extras so i give abc to all my friends and family cause they like to have the extras

i havent tried the upnp client one cause i read somewhere that it had a major flaw that could give someone access to you hdd cant rember where though

i just hope its only my box thats having this issue with the 5.8.8 and not everyone
    I am Member No. : 193 &lt;--- yes there was a time when that was a lot

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Azureus wont work on low spec comps as it does use a little more resources and its definitely not a client for noobies with all the extra features in it that no other client can or will offer
    so beware of this client noobs, its not one to just install and your away, you need to get the latest JRE and CVs files etc

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    trust me im no noob and my system is not low end but i found having 15 seperate windows from shadows client took less memory than the 900megs that azerus would use when only dling 5 things and like i said before i dont care for all the extra features

but back to the topic

has anyone else had this problem or is it just me if its just me i am gonna do alot more memtests maybe a 3day memtest will find an error but not a 1day memtest

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Originally posted by dragon_son@6 February 2004 - 08:24
    trust me im no noob and my system is not low end but i found having 15 seperate windows from shadows client took less memory than the 900megs that azerus would use when only dling 5 things and like i said before i dont care for all the extra features

but back to the topic

has anyone else had this problem or is it just me if its just me i am gonna do alot more memtests maybe a 3day memtest will find an error but not a 1day memtest
    well you probably set Azureus up wrong then.At the moment on my computer its using 17000k of ram and thats with 20-30 torrents coming down...Its a very memory intensive program I must admit, Ive found it doesnt run to well on 256MB ram or 512MB for that matter, but others dont seem to have that problem though.With 2GB of ram I can run just about anything...lol

As for shadows, all his releases are betas cause theres always a little bug or glitch whenever a new version is released.Best bet is to hope that gets sorted and wait for the next release...I remember the days when there was a new version of Shadows Experimental coming out every 2 days or so for a while

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    gahh ok 3 day mem testing still shows no errors and i even tried the one he reccomends and one a friend gave me though i think it was same version

Sill no errors so i came up with a theory

I think that shadows version is somehow keeping track of how much you upload and dl in the new version and if you dl a certain amount of the file before you upload a certain amount in a set time range it will cause the dl to auto corupt to help promote the better seeding of the files

Reason for theory

I only seem to get error when dling something at 150kbs above upload speed no matter what file

however switching back to 5.8.7 no longer causes this to happen

Again this is only theroy and totally unfounded since i dont know what im looking at whne im staring at the source for hours on end and dont know python

but at least i dont need new ram

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    true_neo's Avatar The Dark Lord Revan
    Originally posted by Java Boy@6 February 2004 - 11:15
    or 512MB for that matter
    I have 512 DDR-RAM and have been usin Azureus for about 10 hours straight now.
    The shit it is doing:
    * Trying to dl something with an off tracker
    * Downloading at 90 % of my total BW in Tomb Raider 2
    * Seeding a file with another dude, no peers
    * Using the remaining 10 % to download VB6 iso

And it uses
    * A whooping 9 MB of Swap File and 3 % CPU when running in BG
    * A whooping 17 MB Swap File and 6 % CPU when running in FG

Now thats not what I call too much of a system hog. It uses TONS more to startup and warm up, but once it gets going its smooth.
    Sage goes in the signature field.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Abc uses alot lets memory/cpu usage than Shadows or Azureus, because it only uses one process for many torrents while the others create a process for every single torrent....

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Hi,

I will stick with Shadow, I like it the best, Ive downloaded the new version, however I havent tried it yet,
    <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>VEGASGUY</span></span>

CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON PRIVATE BT TRACKER&#33;

<span style='color:red'>Proud Fasttracker member</span>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast