Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fastest Time You Ever D/l A Movie?

NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Originally posted by Fletch@4 March 2003 - 17:43
    I recently downloaded a movie ~700MB in around 45mins.
    What kind of connection do you have? That's 265KB/s! I've had that speed before, but never for an extended period of time and I'm on 3mbit/s dsl.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Poster
    I took me about an hour to download both parts of the first lord of the rings screener(granted there are lots of sources for this movie since it is older and very popular). They're each 7xx mb. That is far and away the fastest I've had. The were both coming in at over 200 KB/s the entire time. I was very pleased.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Originally posted by NikkiD@4 March 2003 - 17:46
    What kind of connection do you have? That's 265KB/s! I've had that speed before, but never for an extended period of time and I'm on 3mbit/s dsl.
    I'm a postgrad in University in Ireland - on the university LAN, Have actually gotten 400kb/s - for maybe half an hour at a time - i guess the time difference might influence it too - less people going for the same files maybe.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Retired
    well i think i get a movie in less then 2 hours but, i saw lately that if i download 2 movies at the same my speed is much slower than i download 1 at a time.

1 movie constantly 130/200
    2 movies both 40/50

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Fastest: 2-3 hours
    Longest: 2-3 weeks

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Shortest ever Download was on the movie LOTR two towers CD2. start to finish in just under 40 minutes @ 200 280 kb constant speeds. Fastest speed I've ever Downloaded at that ive seen is 319 kb/sec. The first CD however took 2 1/2 hours.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Fastest was somewhere near 2 or 3 hours. Slowest was Bodyshots, it took me several months to download from a single never online slow user, but I did eventually get it. I currently have 3 or 4 dozen downloads paused becuse they will just not connect, no matter on what node I hop to.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Poster
    fastest would be around 1.5-2 hours. that doesnt happen very often...

and the slowest... well a few weeks! and i still have a few unfinished downloads that i'm still trying to get after maybe 3-4 months. i am doubting that they'll ever finish.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Fastest download for me: Spider-Man, it was a little over 2 hours, using WinMX, 2 days after it was released, not a cam version, great quality screener. I was so shocked that I got it.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    "CATCH ME IF YOU CAN" took about 90 minutes for 2 CDs it was screaming; my download was averaging about 70kbs. WoW!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast