Thread: Dling Faster

hi i was wondering is there al way to make ur kazza dl faster.

i have been dling summin for a while and it's always at like 0,02kb and it's annoying i was wondering if there is a way i can get kazza to focos on that 1 dl and make it faster????

any answears i will be gratful

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    muchspl2
    yea stop using it
    look around don't be limited to one p2p program, newsgroups, irc , bittorrent will almost always be faster to download and guaranteed to have movies/software before kazaa. ALWAYS

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    geothermal78's Avatar Poster
    >>>i was wondering if there is a way i can get kazza to focos on that 1 dl and make it faster????>>>

What version are you using ?

What's the exact name of the file ?

What happens when your right click on the user who has the file and choose more resourses ?

geothermal

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    im using kazza lite ++ and im dling shadow skill from 22 - 26 cos bittornt does not have them when i right click i get preview with resume pause find more resources
    accleriator cancel cancel all fimd more of the same send message to user and reorder list. any idea's??

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by clarky728@4 February 2004 - 18:46
    hi i was wondering is there al way to make ur kazza dl faster.

i have been dling summin for a while and it's always at like 0,02kb and it's annoying i was wondering if there is a way i can get kazza to focos on that 1 dl and make it faster????

any answears i will be gratful
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by what you see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps, if you have a router get kanat

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I've got it working some what. All my sources were pretty much taken. i had it set for 40 sources and none where dling so i set it for 90... im just waiting to see if works better ......muscle man ive read that before in many post .....words to live and die by in Kazaa...But i finaly figured it out i ended up haveing the connection prob with the ip thing reading 0.0.0.0 in surpernodes and the more sources prob at the same time...So it through me off...I also figured out a quick fix for the ip prob, in which u really dont have to remember or write down ur ip addy. Just go back into kazaa and change ur port and it should right ur ip back to normal

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    oops lol i forgot what post i was in

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    If you want download SPEED on KL++, you must make sure KL++ isn't FIREWALLED (disable Win XP's built-in firewall or allow KL++ FULL access through it both ways, give permissions to other firewalls for KL++, port-forward router AND run KaNAT if you use a router) and your connection and computer are NOT overloaded and you are blocking hostiles (block RIAA ip addresses in KL++ -- keep that updated) and you have KL++'s upload bandwidth limits to 80% AT MOST of your upload bandwidth max.

...just for starters.

Then you have to do lots of searches, auto-search more's, jump supernodes occassionally, find more sources on partial/unfinished downloads.

...then you sometimes have to get lucky.

If your ISP is screwing with you by crippling download/upload speeds, all you can do is try changing KL++'s ip port and if that doesn't work complain and then change ISPs if things don't mysteriously improve...
    (Note: MOST slowness is caused by computer misconfiguration rather than ISP maliciousness... an exception to this is being at a university or company which doesn't allow or restricts file-sharing access.)

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    geothermal78's Avatar Poster
    >>>and im dling shadow skill from 22 - 26>>>

Is this mp3 or avi or mpg ?

Which user name has these files 22-26 ?

Right now I see a user by the name of Kargam@kazaa. He or she has Shadow Skill 01, 03,04,05, 07, 08, and 12. I tried to download 01 and it is stuck on "More Sources Needed". No one else seems to have this file, so maybe many people are trying to get it from Kargam.

It seems to me, that it is a rare file to get. The files are all about 175,158KB.

Have you sent the user you are downloading from a message yet ?

Ask them what time they usually start up their kazaa each day ?

If you chat with them awhile, (since you seem to like the same stuff) then they might help you get the files.

>>>cos bittornt does not have them when i right click i get preview with resume pause find more resources
    accleriator cancel cancel all fimd more of the same send message to user and reorder list. any idea's??>>>

So did you choose "More Resources" or not ?

Please use periods in your posts, so I know when a sentence ends. Thanks (^:

geothermal