Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hubble Telescope

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by hi_what_is_up!@4 February 2004 - 23:08

(Don't be an ass and flame me for not getting the information completely correct down to the last syllable.)

Not to flame, but "we" are not an ass.

We are asses.

That, at least, should be correct, yes?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Wasn't this Planet X/Nibiru/Zetatalk that was supposed to pass close to the earth due to its long, elliptical orbit causing a "polar shift" resulting in the death of billions? Just because they talk about it on the Coast to Coast radio show doesn't mean it is real :-P

supposed pics:

3. Lounge   -   #23
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    But thanks to bush we won't need discover any new planets, cause he's getting rid of the hubble to make way for the trip to mars & the moon! Yay!

/sarcasm

4. Lounge   -   #24
    I agree kab, the Hubble telescope has taught us more scientifically than any other tool ever used. They were scheduled (after the shuttle explosion) to send a repair team to work on it in 2006, to repair things like the gyroscopes to point the darn thing (it reguires at leats 3 of the 6 to be operated, and 2 have already quite working). Unfortunatly with all the ferver goning on over Mars right now, the true work horses (the few items at NASA that actually work) get passed over.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Originally posted by Tasty@5 February 2004 - 00:08
    I agree kab, the Hubble telescope has taught us more scientifically than any other tool ever used. They were scheduled (after the shuttle explosion) to send a repair team to work on it in 2006, to repair things like the gyroscopes to point the darn thing (it reguires at leats 3 of the 6 to be operated, and 2 have already quite working). Unfortunatly with all the ferver goning on over Mars right now, the true work horses (the few items at NASA that actually work) get passed over.
    other than that they need big drilling machines too. After all, we know there is oil down there somewhere

Edit: kab, can i borrow your sarcasm tags for a while?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Hehe, don&#39;t tell America you have oil, and don&#39;t let the UK fish in your waters, hehe.

Bonus points to the historian who knows what i am refering to about the UK.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Tasty@5 February 2004 - 07:25
    and don&#39;t let the UK fish in your waters, hehe.

Bonus points to the historian who knows what i am refering to about the UK.
    Trying hard for a bonus point.........Are you talking about the Iceland/UK fishing dispute?

8. Lounge   -   #28
    The Cod Wars indeed&#33; The UK&#39;s version of the war in Iraq&#33;

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Originally posted by Tasty@5 February 2004 - 00:31
    The Cod Wars indeed&#33; The UK&#39;s version of the war in Iraq&#33;
    you mean The Cold War?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

10. Lounge   -   #30
    BTW, staying on the topic, people can read in the news http://www.usatoday.com/news/science/2004-...al-oxygen_x.htm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast