View Poll Results: its 2.4trillion bucks! what do u think?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • it Rocks!

1 4.76%
  • its cool

0 0%
  • its ok

0 0%
  • its bad

1 4.76%
  • it absolutely FUCKS!!!

19 90.48%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Ur An American...

Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Poll requested by atiVidia

Spoiler: Show

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Too bad they didn't put any reasoning behind it...

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    As a non American I suppose I shouldn't pass comment. However,

back in the 80s Mrs T had this cracking idea that she would cut taxes for the wealthy. The wealthy, very grateful for this windfall would invest in the UK and stimulate the economy.

The wealthy, very grateful for this windfall went out and bought Porsches and Mercedes and started to sink their gains in property (creating a classic demand outstripping supply ergo house prices going through the roof thing).

End result - horrible balance of trade deficit and high interest rates to dampen the overheated housing market. The high interest rates in turn crippling business and adding to a nasty recession.

Not that anything like that would happen in the US of course.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by Biggles@5 February 2004 - 19:59
    The wealthy, very grateful for this windfall went out and bought Porsches and Mercedes and started to sink their gains in property (creating a classic demand outstripping supply ergo house prices going through the roof thing).
    You forgot to mention that what the wealthy did invest in was developing countries, like the US companies are doing now...ie why make it here, when labour is so much cheaper, with less Health & Safety plus employment regulations etc over there...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    well my reasoning (if thats what u were asking 4, magicnakor) was that I thot it absolutely FUCKS! why? well I read the proposal (my dad got a copy from senator Bill Frist when he gave him a ride to the dirksen office building) and i saw some good things...

but i saw alot of bad things: 32% LESS funding for cops and paramedics and firefighters... 1.? Billion dollars less for poor-men's vouchers for low-income housing... 200+million less for job creation, and a HELL OF A LOT towards his space program

give me a break

of course, if u saw something else (or saw what i saw in a different manner) u have all the right to pick the option u want... mainly cuz i dont want to influence any1

btw please put ur reasoning behind ur vote

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+5 February 2004 - 21:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 5 February 2004 - 21:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles@5 February 2004 - 19:59
    You forgot to mention that what the wealthy did invest in was developing countries, like the US companies are doing now...ie why make it here, when labour is so much cheaper, with less Health & Safety plus employment regulations etc over there... [/b][/quote]
    Indeed

Although outflow investment has been a significant feature of all developed economies over the last 20 years. Hence the barren and desolate manufacturing areas scatterered as far apart as Japan, Scunthorpe and Pittsburgh.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Bush should go live on the moon then.

Since it&#39;ll have so much vested in it.

What.........a...............fuck............ing..........moron&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    Another non-American posting, but not voting in the poll as that would be wholly inappropriate.

Is it at all possible that your President / Government is investing in vote winning policies. In order to try to secure a second term.

Doing this by removing funds from those who either would not vote, or if they did vote, would vote for someone else.

There is a solution, get the electorate to go and cast their vote. It is a truism that people get the Government they deserve. At least in democracies.

It appears to me that you (like us) have reached a state of selection by apathy.

I have just realised, look at the people who have posted here. Numbers, nationality and demographics. It must tell you something.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@5 February 2004 - 19:05
    Another non-American posting, but not voting in the poll as that would be wholly inappropriate.

Is it at all possible that your President / Government is investing in vote winning policies. In order to try to secure a second term.

Doing this by removing funds from those who either would not vote, or if they did vote, would vote for someone else.

There is a solution, get the electorate to go and cast their vote. It is a truism that people get the Government they deserve. At least in democracies.

It appears to me that you (like us) have reached a state of selection by apathy.

I have just realised, look at the people who have posted here. Numbers, nationality and demographics. It must tell you something.
    excellent point, J&#39;Pol

from now on, please (if you are OK with it) post which US TimeZone you live in (Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific (will include Hawaii/Alaska for poll purposes)

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    [Comment Removed]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast