Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Musicworld Database

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Benno+4 March 2003 - 14:22--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Benno @ 4 March 2003 - 14:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jibbler@4 March 2003 - 20:04
    My only suggestion, is that full CDs be separated from single songs.&nbsp; However I definitely like the "picture of CD, short description, then file list in hashes" format.&nbsp; Quick, easy, and it allows for simple organizing of threads later.&nbsp; Also, I think full CDs should come with a .m3u playlist or something like that.&nbsp; They are easy to make, and it would really improve the quality of posts on these boards. --

Jibbler
    I think only full albums should be on there anyway. :-) [/b][/quote]
    The database would definitely only be Full Albums.I should of put that at the top.....sorry.

2. Music   -   #12
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Benno@4 March 2003 - 14:22
    I think only full albums should be on there anyway. :-)
    We have to include songs that don&#39;t have full album releases yet, like the new Linkin Park song. Its only a single, but there should be a place for it, until the full CD rip is out.

Yes Funky, I know you can&#39;t re-rip a song without the originals. However, I have over 450 original CDs mostly from the 70s, 80s, and early 90s. I could easily re-rip a popular title if there was a high demand for it. B) --

Jibbler
    Proud member of MDS

3. Music   -   #13
    Originally posted by Jibbler@4 March 2003 - 14:30
    Yes Funky, I know you can&#39;t re-rip a song without the originals. However, I have over 450 original CDs mostly from the 70s, 80s, and early 90s. I could easily re-rip a popular title if there was a high demand for it. B) --

Jibbler
    Ohhhhhhh yeah....we want your stuff.....get to work.

4. Music   -   #14
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Jibbler+4 March 2003 - 20:30--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 4 March 2003 - 20:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Benno@4 March 2003 - 14:22
    I think only full albums should be on there anyway. :-)
    We have to include songs that don&#39;t have full album releases yet, like the new Linkin Park song. Its only a single, but there should be a place for it, until the full CD rip is out.
    [/b][/quote]
    in that case you can put up the whole single. Its also a complete release.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. Music   -   #15
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Gr8 idea FC. If anything it could help to expand and evole our musical tastes by introducing new artists to our community. Its gonna be a lot of work though are you up for it?
    As for the issue of bitrate I think 192 is good for all. It does&#39;nt bloat the filesize too much and if you can tell the difference from a cd; become a sound engineer&#33;

6. Music   -   #16
    Poster
    You could also put up links to the albums&#39; covers.
    http://covertarget.com/ is the best one I know, since the audio section of www.cdcovers.cc went down.
    192 kbps and 160 kbps as the default bitrates are fine. B)
    Post the album pic, the bitrate of each album and that&#39;s it.

How about creating these sections:

Full Albums
    Singles
    Original Sound Tracks
    Movie Scores (I&#39;ve seen your list, FC )

I know it would double the work but for a real music lover like you FC, this is nothing&#33;

7. Music   -   #17
    Poster
    Cooking by gas as they say. This is an excellent project. I agree with the full album thing. Particularly if it is wraps, zips or rars, not just a post cotaining a dozen different links. However if that&#39;s the only option for some things then let it be.

The music can be split up in genres and alphabetically within that. I would prefer alphabetical by artist, however so long as it is searchable then it&#39;s not really a prob.

Ideas

Could we have the cover to print. If so could they be the size of a CD case. Ideally to copy and paste to a doc then simply print and cut out. Basically square original size pics. For ease of use.

A Track list of the same size may also be helpful. Remember I&#39;m really lazy

Really chancing my arm here, would it be possible to publish the circular version, say the CD itself. Then we could print labels to go on the CD.

If you could stick a brush up your arse and whistle dixie while you are doing it then so much the better.

Basic Layout I would Like would include

Artist
    Title
    Sig
    Front and Back Covers (Square CD Box Size)
    Track List (As above)
    Circular CD sized sticky label thing

One last thing the people running it should be Rockers. All the power of Mods, but with an attitude problem. They should also be able to "Steal" from other posts to fill in gaps. Perhaps with a wee credit. e.g. from the original post by Tommy the Tadpole

I&#39;m looking forward to this. Good Luck

8. Music   -   #18
    Originally posted by JmiF@4 March 2003 - 15:53
    If you could stick a brush up your arse and whistle dixie while you are doing it then so much the better.

I will try this and get back to ya.

Nevermind.....lets find Wocus.

9. Music   -   #19
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    I agree with most things that have been said here, definatly include the cover art etc, but with the bit rate it&#39;s more tricky, i never rip at CBR, all mine (all 4500 of em, follow the link in my sig, or check out my Fserve on IRC) were ripped at 192VBR, so the rate does change, just something that needs to be taken into account.
    Going with What JmiF sait, also include the style of music in the description, it would help ppl decide if they wanted to try it or not.

I&#39;m also for Full Albums only, personly i&#39;ve never seen the point in singles.

And I&#39;m avail for helping with this little project too

What about file naming conventions? I&#39;m currenly in the process of naming all mine to the following

Artist - Album - track# - title

could this be reflected some how in this?

Also lookign forward to the results of this

10. Music   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+4 March 2003 - 21:57--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 4 March 2003 - 21:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--JmiF@4 March 2003 - 15:53

I will try this and get back to ya.

Nevermind.....lets find Wocus. [/b][/quote]
    You supply the brush, I&#39;ll do the sticking.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast